How To Get Rid Of Bloating
Having a bloated stomach can cause so much discomfort (both physically and emotionally), that very often people will do anything to get rid of bloating as quick as possible. Before you try any bloating medicine or bloating remedies however, you may want to consider the cause of the bloating. The treatment you may need can be completely different.
Did you know?
“In many cases, it is not a matter of what you need to take for bloating, but more what you need to stop doing”.
This is what true and complete healing means.
When you get rid of the cause of your bloating issues, you are likely to get rid of bloating for good.
In this “how to get rid of bloating” guide you will find:
- What are the most common causes of bloating and do they apply to you.
- Top natural remedies to get rid of bloating fast and safely.
Let’s get started:
1 – Find Out The Cause Of Bloating
As we mentioned, this is by far the most important and most effective way to get rid of bloating.
You can take the strongest medicine for bloating, as long as the cause of your bloating is not fully addressed, you will not be able to completely get rid of bloating.
Below you will find the most common causes of bloating.
If any of these apply to you, there’s a good chance you will get rid of bloating once you have them addressed.
If you can’t figure out what is the cause of the bloating in your body, or if the bloating has been persistent for more than a week, we highly recommend that you should see your doctor, as there may be an underlying medical condition that causes the bloating.
Foods: especially in case of bloating after eating
Important: eating habits that cause bloating are very common, yet often overlooked. Eating fast, eating when you are stressed or while at work, eating while drinking, emotional eating or eating too much are common causes of bloating. Even if you eat healthy foods.
Conditions known to cause bloating
- Bacterial overgrowth and Probiotics.
- Medical conditions that cause bloating.
- Candida overgrowth.
- Parasites issues.
The bottom line: sometimes the best and fastest way to get rid of bloating is to simply become aware and stop the cause of the bloating.
2 – Cleanse Your Colon
One of the best ways to get rid of bloating, is to help your body get rid of waste buildup, excess gas and bloat in your digestive tract.
This is exactly what the overnight toxin flush colon cleanse is designed to do.
Taken from our Nature’s Most Potent Remedies Series, the overnight toxins flush is one of the most effective natural remedies to quickly and safely remove toxins, excess gas and accumulated waste from your body as you sleep.
The overnight flush is also very helpful as a natural remedy for bloating caused by occasional constipation.
Most people notice reduced bloating fairly quickly, typically within 24 hours.
- Squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon and add 1 teaspoon of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar into 16 ounces of distilled water.
- Drink before bedtime with 4-8 capsules of oxy-powder on an empty stomach away from any foods or other supplements.
Oxy-powder releases oxygen in the colon to detoxify and loosen toxins, undigested food particles and waste buildup so they can be flushed out naturally by the body.
- If you have never taken oxy-powder before, start with 2 capsules and gradually increase if needed.
- Expect the next day to have a series of bowel movements with many of the excess gas and stored waste being eliminated. Most people feel a significant relief when these toxins are being flushed out.
To learn more about the overnight toxins flush, see: The Stomach Cleanse.
3 – Give Your Digestive System A Break
Another potent natural way to get rid of bloating is simply eating light for a few days.
Eating easy to digest anti bloating foods can give your body a break from the constant digestion effort of having to process and digest large meals and foods.
Foods such as low sugar fresh ripe fruits and soft greens make an excellent choice, especially since they are also known to have strong cleansing and detoxification properties.
Known as the bloat free diet, this can make a big difference in the way you feel.
Here’s an example of 1-day menu, taken from our Belly Bloat Cleanse:
- Morning: drink lemon water: squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon into 16 ounces of spring or alkaline water.
- When hungry during the day: eat ripe organic fresh fruit on an empty stomach, same type of fruit each time (don’t mix different type of fruits).
- Start with small portions (20 grams of carbs) each time. Gradually increase the amount of fruit only if needed. Remember: the idea here is not to eat until you are full, but to eat to satisfy your hunger, which typically happens 30 minutes after you eat.
- Fresh berries make an excellent choice; they taste great, are relatively low in sugars and calories, and are very high in antioxidants and other health promoting nutrients.
- To get the most out of your fruits and avoid common mistakes when eating fruits, see the fruit section in our free ebook.
- Choose fresh fruits (not dry fruits) that you enjoy eating, making sure they are fresh and ripe. Unripe fruits can actually cause digestion problems and bloating.
- Do not drink liquids when eating.
- Between meals: drink spring water or the lemon water based on how you feel. Drinking enough between your meals can help to promote healthy toxins removal as well as with hunger. In many cases when we feel hungry, we are actually thirsty!
- Evening: Detox Salad: choose soft raw dark leafy greens you enjoy such as romaine lettuce, add 2-3 fresh cucumbers, 1 fresh ripe avocado, 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds.
For dressing, mix fresh squeezed organic lemon/lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and himalayan pink salt to taste. If you like the taste of the apple cider vinegar, you can add 1 teaspoon to the dressing as well.
- If you suspect that your bloating issues may be related to over consumption of salt, watch the amount of salt you use in the detox salad.
With these cases, there is usually an issue of water retention in other parts of your body in addition to the stomach bloat.
4 – Take Digestive Enzymes With Your Meals
You do your best to eat healthy, chew your foods slowly, eat in a relaxed environment and are unaware of any medical condition related to your bloating and still can’t get rid of bloating?
You may want to take digestive enzymes with your meals.
Digestive enzymes break down the foods we eat into their smaller building blocks, which can help the body to properly digest various food. The result is usually better digestion and less bloating.
Since different enzymes are required to digest different type of foods, it is important to make sure the formula you use contains all the enzymes needed to digest most common foods, especially the ones that you typically eat and include in your diet.
VeganZyme by Dr. Edward Group is a great example of a multi-enzymes supplement for bloating we use in many of our natural protocols to support the digestion of foods and relieve bloating and other digestive issues.
With a total of 20 digestive and systemic enzymes, it is designed to support the digestion of a wide variety of foods including foods that are hard to digest, making it ideal for many different diets, cuisines, and health conditions. This helps to keep things simple, and even dining out or eating larger variety of foods that may not always be ideal can still be well managed by taking 1-3 capsules before your meals.
This doesn’t mean you can now eat junk food and expect your bloating issues to fade away just because you are taking digestive enzymes.
Taking enzymes however, can be a very effective and convenient way to help relieve bloating quickly while you still trying to improve your diet or find out the cause of your bloating.
To learn more about digestive enzymes, see:
Summary of our 20 years of working with enzymes: what we have learned.
5 – Drink your food and eat your drink
This ancient Chinese medicine wisdom may hold the key to perfect digestion:
- When you eat – slowly chew your food until it becomes liquid and only then swallow.
- When you drink – swish your drink in your mouth letting it mix with your saliva.
- Minimize talking when chewing, as you may swallow air which can lead to bloating.
These simple guidelines are believed to be one of the biggest secrets for optimizing food digestion.
6 – Watch your liquid intake and electrolytes
It is estimated that 75% of Americans may suffer from chronic dehydration. Whether the reason is due to not drinking enough water, consuming sodas and stimulants that dehydrate the body or both, this is very concerning.
Dehydration and electrolyte imbalances can cause bloating by making your body holds on excess water.
In these cases you may see water retention in multiple parts of your body, with or without muscle cramps.
If you feel that despite drinking enough water you still experience muscle cramps, it may be a good time to see your doctor.
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019