The stomach cleanse recipe is an overnight instant homemade colon cleanse protocol designed to detox your intestines and bowels quickly and safely by removing toxins and accumulated waste buildup from your colon as you sleep.
It is considered as one of the most effective natural remedies to clean the intestines and stomach for a gentle yet fast effective colon detox and cleansing.
- The Recipe.
- Is Colon Cleanse Really Needed?
- The Science.
- Salt Water Colon Cleanse.
- After The Cleanse.
The Stomach Cleanse Recipe
Apple cider vinegar colon cleanse recipe
Detox your intestines and bowels quickly and safely by removing toxins and accumulated waste buildup from your colon as you sleep.
- 16 ounces distilled water
- ½ organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 4 capsules Oxy-Powder (see below)
Shake the apple cider vinegar bottle to mix the cloudy part at the bottom (the mother).
Squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon, add 1 teaspoon of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar into 16 ounces of distilled water.
Drink before bedtime with 4-8 capsules of oxy-powder on an empty stomach away from any foods or other supplements.
Expect the next day to have a series of bowel movements with many of the waste buildup and toxins being eliminated.
Oxy-powder releases oxygen in the entire digestive tract and intestines to loosen dry hard compacted fecal matter and waste buildup so they can be flushed out naturally by the body through normal bowel movements.
To learn more about oxy-powder and the other ingredients in the stomach cleanse recipe, see the section below.
If you have never taken oxy-powder before, start with 2 capsules and gradually increase if needed.
How Does The Stomach Cleanse Work?
The ingredients in the stomach cleanse drink work together in synergy to detox your stomach and intestines naturally:
- Apple cider vinegar on its raw unfiltered unpasteurized form also known as apple cider vinegar with mother, has naturally occurring acids and good bacteria that can promote healthy digestion and gut health.
Many people who consume apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach report more bowel movements and better digestion.
- Lemon juice is well known for its cleansing and detoxification properties, and is included in many stomach cleanse and body detox drinks. Lemon juice was suggested by research to have a protective effect on the liver by reducing the levels of serum ALT and AST liver enzymes as well as triacylglycerol and lipid peroxidation in the liver (1).
- Oxy-Powder as its name suggests releases oxygen in the entire digestive tract and intestines to soften and loosen dry and hard compacted fecal matter and waste buildup so they can be flushed out naturally by the body through normal bowel movements.
Overtime this waste buildup becomes drier and harder and sticks to the colon wall to a point the body can’t eliminate it through normal bowel movements. The released oxygen loosens this toxic waste, so that the body can easily eliminate it.
When Should I Do The Stomach Cleanse?
The stomach cleanse is ideal as a natural remedy that may help in the following scenarios:
- Need to promote gut health, especially when is combined with Probiotics.
- Occasional constipation or digestion issues such as gas, bloating.
- Natural colon cleanse to get rid of accumulated waste and toxins in your body.
If you have never done the stomach cleanse, you may want to start with 5 days, and then redo the cleanse when you feel it is needed.
Most people like to have the cleanse 1-2 times a month over the weekend.
After The Stomach Cleanse
Often overlooked, what you do (or don’t do) after the stomach cleanse may be as important as the actual cleanse itself.
A lot of the benefits you get from the stomach cleanse occur days and even weeks after the cleanse. With the toxic waste being cleared, your body has more energy and resources to perform better and to actually heal other areas which may have been neglected before.
For many people the stomach cleanse was the turning point that helped with the first step on their journey to a better health.
To take advantage of this, adopting a healthier diet and lifestyle is highly recommended.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your cleanse:
- Listen to your body: focus on a diet that your body agrees with; pay close attention to potential food sensitivities or reactions to different foods. If eating certain foods (even healthy ones) cause digestive issues such as bloating or gas, you should not eat them, regardless how healthy they are claimed to be.
This is very common.
- Eat healthy: make sure not to eat or limit problematic foods such as dairy, wheat, gluten, processed foods and common allergens.
- Avoid overeating: even healthy foods; when it comes to food, more does not mean better.
- Take probiotics: a big benefit of doing a colon cleanse is that you get rid of accumulated waste buildup and undigested food particles that can feed harmful organisms. This creates an ideal environment in your colon that can encourage friendly probiotic growth, hence making probiotic supplements much more effective.
A good example of multi purpose probiotics to pair with colon cleanse is FloraTrex, which we use in many of our protocols.
For candida or yeast issues we use Latero-Flora.
Are Colon Or Stomach Cleanses Really Needed?
When it comes to cleansing and detoxification, there is always one key question that needs to be asked – why doing it? isn’t our body capable of getting rid of toxins and waste by itself? The short answer is, yes, when the body is in an ideal state of health, it should be able to handle toxins and waste elimination naturally without any issues.
Time for a quick reality check – how many people are in an ideal state of health? How many people eat an ideal diet? How about the environment we live in, our daily exposure to toxins, the lifestyle stress, quality of foods and air we breathe and many other factors? Are all these ideal? we all know the answers to these…
This is where cleansing and detoxification can provide some benefits when done properly. The colon is the primary organ in the body responsible for removing toxins from the body through normal bowel movements.
For this reason, it is often the first step in most cleansing protocols.
The idea of colon cleansing isn’t new. It has been practiced for centuries since the days of the ancient Egyptians and Greeks.
It all comes down to the basic idea that the food we eat can get stuck in the digestive tract and rot; overtime this waste turns toxic and can lead to many digestion issues and other health problems.
Cleansing your colon can help with this unhealthy situation by releasing the stored waste out of the body, creating an environment that may promote a healthy gut flora balance.
Cleansing the colon typically falls into the alternative medicine area where the majority of the evidence of potential benefits are anecdotal.
The connection between a healthy gut flora to the overall health however, is widely accepted in the medical community with a large number of human studies suggesting that gut flora play an important role in human health.
According to research, factors such as use of antibiotics, illness, stress, aging, bad dietary habits, and lifestyle can damage the gut flora and cause imbalances which may lead to many chronic diseases, such as inflammatory bowel disease, obesity and cancer (2).
Salt Water Colon Cleanse
Salt water colon cleanse involves drinking water mixed with salt on an empty stomach in order to force a bowel movement.
Also known as the salt water flush, this method a is a known home remedy for constipation and colon cleanse, due to the laxative effect salt water has on the body. The idea is that when you ingest more salt than the your body can absorb during a very short time, the body is forced to make a bowel movement in order to get rid of the excess salt. When this happens, it can help to also get rid of other toxins and waste in your colon.
There are 2 major concerns with the salt water cleanse that are responsible for many of the issues people reported:
- Salt water colon cleanse may cause unpleasant side effects such as nausea and vomiting. The salt overload may cause an electrolyte imbalance along with dehydration, bloating and muscle cramps.
- People with high blood pressure or other health issues should be extra careful due to the sodium overload.
Got more questions or want to share your experience? Feel free to comment below!
- Protective Effects of Lemon Juice on Alcohol-Induced Liver Injury in Mice (1).
- Impacts of Gut Bacteria on Human Health and Diseases (2).
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019