Last Updated on by
Candida cleanse usually has 3 major parts: candida diet, candida supplements and lifestyle changes. One of the biggest common problem we see with many candida cleanse plans is that they overlook the most important part of any anti candida cleanse: the root cause of the candida yeast infection issues. The root cause may vary from one person to another, and as such as the needed treatment and type of cleanse may be completely different.
How to do a candida cleanse
Natural candida cleanse
Our natural candida cleanse protocol is very simple and has proven to be very effective – create a natural environment in the body where candida yeast can’t overgrow while optimizing the body’s ability to repair the damage caused by the candida infection.
In addition to the effective candida yeast cleanse part, special consideration was given for safety. The objective is a complete candida cure while minimizing potential die off symptoms and other candida cleanse side effects.
Notice that the order of the steps matters.
More details on the candida overgrowth cleanse plan with important guidelines on yeast cleanse are available below this summary. You can also click on the links to the topics you wish to learn more about.
Our approach to candida and yeast cleanse
Our approach to the candida yeast cleanse is holistic. This means that rather than trying to “fix” individual candida and yeast infection symptoms, we identify the root cause of the issues and work with the entire body so it can naturally heal. We do it by:
- Removing “obstacles” that prevent your body from naturally healing.
- Providing the body key nutrients that are required to repair the damage caused by the candida overgrowth.
There are many areas in medicine where natural and conventional medicine do not agree. This often happens in the case of natural candida cleanse and the conventional yeast infection treatment.
In our practice however, we combine the best of both worlds: natural medicine’s time proven traditional methods that have been used safely generation after generation, as well as modern science.
After over 20 years of successful practice, and many lessons learned, we are very excited to share this information with you, hoping it will help you have the best candida cleanse based on your body needs so you feel better as quickly as possible.
Yeast cleanse guidelines for the best candida cleanse
For the most effective candida cleanse:
- Before starting the cleanse: find out what causes candida overgrowth in your body. Certain medication, antibiotics, high sugar diet and chronic stress are common causes of candida overgrowth. This is very important: as long as the cause of your candida overgrowth is still present you won’t be able to completely heal the candida yeast overgrowth.
To check if the top causes of candida overgrowth apply to you: top causes of candida overgrowth.
- Before trying to kill candida: Many candida cleanse supplements and candida cleanse products contain antifungals designed to kill candida. While this can be very beneficial in certain cases, it can also backfire. One of the biggest problem we see with candida cleanse supplements, is that many of them are too aggressive, toxic, contain harsh chemicals and very often cause a severe healing crises and other candida cleanse side effects. These can harm your body and can also make the candida yeast infection become worse. Safety comes first. If you consider using antifungals as a part of your candida cleanse, see our: antifungals experts guide.
- Doing an oxygen colon cleanse before the candida cleanse is a very effective way to clear existing candida yeast toxins and stored waste. Colon cleanse for candida overgrowth can also minimize many candida cleanse side effects. Accumulated waste buildup in the colon is one of the main reasons candida yeasts toxins circulate in the body longer making you feel sick. Removing the toxic waste buildup before the yeast cleanse was shown to make a significant difference in minimizing the candida die off reaction (see study). Most people find a protocol of 5-7 day candida cleanse ideal in order to do a full candida colon cleanse. To learn more about doing a colon cleanse for candida overgrowth: oxygen colon cleanse for candida.
- Candida cleanse diet should agree with your body. Pay close attention to potential food allergies and reaction to different foods, even if they are considered healthy or are included in the the candida cleanse diet food list. Make sure not to eat problematic foods such as dairy, wheat, gluten, processed foods and common allergens, as these are known to cause issues to many people, especially bloating, gas, and other digestive issues. This process of transitioning to the candida cleanse diet and eliminating the foods you are sensitive to usually takes time, anywhere between 3-21 days during the candida cleanse. To help with this process, we recommend to take multi digestive enzymes complex with meals, until all digestive issues are gone.
Step 1 – Candida Cleanse Diet
Candida cleanse diet, anti yeast diet or yeast cleanse diet is well known for its importance to the candida yeast cleanse, but also for its challenges and common misconceptions, especially when it comes to the candida cleanse diet food list: the foods to eat and the foods to avoid while on the candida cleanse diet is where many critical mistakes are made.
As a result, many people become confused and find themselves follow an extreme radical candida cleanse diet plan that makes them miserable. They are constantly hungry and can’t get rid of their candida and yeast issues.
Dealing with candida’s many discomforts is hard as it is; adding a poor designed strict candida detox diet that doesn’t work on top of these discomforts is just too much.
Candida cleanse diet plan
What to eat on candida cleanse?
For the best candida cleanse diet:
- Candida cleanse should support your lifestyle: The candida cleanse diet plan should support your lifestyle and body needs. Do not eat foods or meals that make you feel bad or that taste offensive. Even if they are included on the most popular candida cleanse diet food list. The same food that may benefit some people, can harm others.
- Candida cleanse foods to avoid: before we discuss what to eat on a candida cleanse, it is much more important to discuss the foods to avoid during the candida cleanse. You want to avoid foods that can feed the candida yeast, weaken your immune system. You also want to pay close attention to foods you may be sensitive to or that cause digestive issues and remove any foods that cause issues from the diet. Candida cleanse foods to avoid include high carbs such as sugars, starches, potatoes, bread, pasta, processed foods, sugary beverages, dairy, gluten, grains, wheat, alcohol, mold, fungi, yeast and foods that are hard to digest such as beans, legumes and common food allergens such as seafood, peanuts.
- Foods to eat on a candida cleanse: best foods for candida cleanse are low carb whole foods: fresh greens, non-starchy veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, low sugary fruits such as berries, kiwis or grapefruit. The high carb sources are replaced by healthy sources of fats such as avocados,coconut oil or coconut butter, fresh raw sprouted nuts and seeds, so your body gets the energy it needs from the fats. The levels of candida typically go down as a result of limiting candida’s preferred fuel source (sugars) coupled with clean eating. For the complete list of foods to eat during candida cleanse: candida diet food list.
- Foods that kill candida and antifungal foods should be introduced slowly to your candida cleanse diet so you get the candida yeast cleansing benefits while minimizing a die off reaction. Common foods that can kill yeast and candida include: raw fresh garlic, ginger, coconut oil, cinnamon and others.
For the complete list, see: the complete guide to antifungal foods and herbs.
- The yeast cleanse salad dressing: raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, ground cayenne pepper (optional) and himalayan pink salt. Adding hemp seeds and avocado with this salad dressing can turn any veggie salad into a complete meal. Adding pumpkin seeds will add another antifungal candida killing element.
Learning more about the candida diet cleanse will give you the freedom to make your own meals and plan based on your body needs, lifestyle and food choices in the area you live. To help you with this, we gathered all the needed knowledge and developed an entire experts guide dedicated to the candida diet:
Candida Diet Cleanse
The candida diet cleanse experts guide is a complete step by step whole food plan that covers all the facts you need to know. The candida cleanse diet is specifically designed to:
- Help you build your own candida diet cleanse that meets your your body’s specific needs.
- Support your lifestyle and personal food choices.
- Satisfy your taste buds. Feeling satisfied after a meal is as important as getting the health benefits from it.
- Common candida cleanse diet mistakes to avoid.
Step 2 – Candida Cleanse Supplements – Before Killing Candida
Candida supplements are a very important part of the candida cleanse, and can provide significant candida support and complement the yeast overgrowth treatment. Candida supplement however, may also backfire when not used correctly. A common mistake during the candida cleanse is to use aggressive supplements in order to kill candida. How to kill candida, what kills yeast, what kills candida – we get many of these questions every day. The problem with the “kill yeast” approach is that it usually leads to many issues with very little benefits as it ignores the most important factor in any candida or yeast cleanse – what is the root cause of the candida overgrowth, more specifically what is preventing your body from naturally balancing the candida overgrowth.
Candida Cleanse Supplements Experts Guide
Using candida supplements correctly can make a big difference in your candida treatment, and can also minimize many unnecessary discomforts and issues.
In this experts guide we cover both the candida supplements that can make a big difference in your candida cleansing and the ones you should avoid. Inside:
The candida cleanse kit: build the best candida cleanse kit per your body’s needs:
- Candida colon cleanse: Learn why the candida colon cleanse and candida flush are the most important steps before starting the candida cleanse.
- Enzymes: which ones to use during the candida cleanse.
- Probiotics: probiotic for candida cleanse, the strains that can help balance candida, and the ones that can make you feel sick.
- Key nutrients: candida cleanse vitamins & minerals to help the body heal the damage caused by the candida overgrowth, avoid nutritional deficiencies.
- Antifungals and other supplements that kill candida. Are they really needed?
Tea for candida cleanse
Tea for candida cleanse can be a very good fit for those times where you want to drink something warm.
Certain herbs and herbal candida cleanse formulas however, may contain strong antifungal ingredients that may cause candida cleanse die off. For this reason, always look at the label. If you see any antifungal ingredients, start with a very small serving size and see how it makes you feel. Common herbs and other natural antifungal ingredients used in tea include: cloves, black walnut, oregano oil, goldenseal, garlic (allicin, aqueous garlic extract, garlic oil), grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf, pau d’arco and caprylic acid (from coconut oil). Natural extracts such as echinacea and astragalus that are widely known for their immune boosting abilities also have anti-fungal properties.
Step 3 – Remedies for a Quick Relief
When you have candida overgrowth, it is very common to feel yeast infection symptoms all over the body: brain fog, mood swings, joint and muscle pain, bloating, constipation, constant fatigue, dry itchy skin, painful vaginal yeast infections, and many other discomforts.
It is very important to treat the root cause of the candida overgrowth and not the symptoms. In many cases however, candida overgrowth symptoms cause a lot of unpleasant discomforts, so a quick relief is needed.
Here are the top natural remedies for a quick yeast infection relief:
- Candida die off symptoms – you started a candida cleanse and notice worsening symptoms.
- The overnight toxins flush – for multiple symptoms and discomforts due to high candida toxins.
- Male yeast infection – the yeast infection affects the penis.
- Vaginal yeast infection – the yeast infection affects the vagina.
- Oral thrush – fungal infection of the mouth, tongue or throat.
- Skin yeast infection – relief for skin discomforts such as yeast infection rash, eczema, itchy skin.
- Nails yeast infection – help with the nail and toenail infections.
Step 4 – Check Your Progress
What gets measured gets Done
This test was specifically developed to help you keep track of your candida cleanse progress. We recommend to do the test every week during your candida cleanse and capture the score and symptoms you select. Update your calendar, make the necessary changes on your candida cleanse when needed, and watch as the yeast infections and candida albicans symptoms go away, in many cases, without even being treated.
Keeping track of your progress and how you feel each week is a very important part of the candida cleanse; it is very common to forget how we felt a few weeks ago or what exactly were your symptoms.
Start the Test
What is causing your candida issuesBefore starting your candida cleanse, it is critical to identify the source or possible causes of the candida overgrowth and yeast infection, as the needed candida infection treatment may be completely different. This is the key to a complete candida albicans cure and candida cure.
Common causes of candida overgrowth are antibiotics use or medication, diet high in sugars and processed foods, but in many cases, there are less obvious causes such as food allergies you may not be aware of, low immune system function, chronic constipation and others.
Common Candida Cleansing Mistakes
Most of the candida cleanse plans cover the how to treat candida part, but overlook an even more important part – the how to NOT treat candida part…
Over the years, our team researched thousands of candida cleanse programs; next to some well designed plans that are very beneficial and healthy, we found many candida cleanse plans that had fundamental errors in them. Choosing the wrong candida cleanse program can prevent you from healing, but this is just the beginning; it can also mean unnecessary suffering, severe candida die off symptoms and sometimes further health complications.
We found ourselves spending days and weeks working with people just to reverse the damage done by faulty programs and help them to feel better due to their candida cleanse die off or candida cleanse side effects. If you want to know how to cure candida for good, you may want to review these top common mistakes:
- Ignoring the individual unique health & needs.
- Starting the cleanse when you are constipated. voted as top mistake
- Not addressing digestion issues.
- Making drastic changes.
- Using aggressive candida supplements.
- Unsustainable fancy candida treatment plan.
- Blindly follow the GURU.
Candida Cleanse Recipes
Who said candida cleanse recipes are boring? We have spent many years working with top executive chefs and candida nutritional experts to develop natural candida cleanse recipes for perfect health & flavor! Our goal was simple, enjoy the best of both worlds: healthy candida cleanse diet recipes that are very healthy for your body, as well as the gourmet flavor everyone talks about.
Looking for specific recipes for your candida cleanse meal plan?
Candida juice cleanse
Candida cleanse drinks are a great way to support your body during the candida cleanse. They also make a great choice as a candida cleanse breakfast. Here are a few of our popular recipes for candida juice cleanse, candida liquid cleanse or candida smoothies. Use these recipes as ideas to create your own version of candida cleanse drinks according to your body needs and preferences:
- The Living Vitality Green Nectar is a great example of a candida cleanse smoothie that delivers both health, energy and flavor. We named it the the Living Vitality Green Nectar for a reason. This smoothie is refreshing, rejuvenating, hydrating, energizer, great for detoxifying and anti-aging, loaded with potent nutrients that will make your body happy.
- Apple cider vinegar energy drink: the apple cider vinegar energy/weight loss drink is a great example of a natural cleanse drink that has both the candida cleansing and energy benefits. This recipe is a great fit as a natural stimulant free energy drink throughout the day during the candida cleanse, as well as to support a healthy candida cleanse weight loss.
- Glowing brain detox water: is a very effective candida cleanse drink designed to nourish the brain, promote healthy cognitive function and mood while supporting natural cleansing and detoxification. It is ideal before any event that requires focus, concentration, improved creativity or for general health.
- The Mind-Balance Chocolate-Coconut Drink: is another very effective candida cleanse recipe for mind-balance issues such as the famous candida brain fog. It is also very easy to make and has a delicious taste and aroma. Most people feel a state of happiness, focus and improved mental energy within 15-45 min!
- The Anti-Inflammatory Low-Carb Pina Colada Miracle: This recipe uses natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant ingredients that may provide relief to many of the discomforts associated with inflammation. It has very little carbs, yet it can give you a nice “lift”, which makes it a perfect candida diet breakfast.
Candida colon cleanse
Candida colon cleanse is very important part of the candida cleanse. Here are a few recipes to support the candida colon cleanse:
- The overnight toxins flush: Voted as top die-off remedy, this drink is one of the most effective natural remedies to quickly and safely remove toxins and accumulated waste from your body. Taken before bedtime, expect the next day to have a series of bowel movements with many of the toxins being eliminated. Most people feel a significant relief when these toxins are being flushed out.
- Colon cleansing meal: This candida gut cleanse recipe was developed as a complete meal to compliment the candida colon cleanse and yeast cleanse. The purpose of this candida colon cleanse recipe is to provide a healthy colon cleansing meal that is also highly nutritious that will make you feel happy and satisfied. It is also very easy to make, tastes great and like all our recipes offers a safe and all natural gentle candida cleanse.
Candida cleanse broth, soups, meals
Candida cleanse meals that agree with your body and also taste good can make a big difference in your yeast cleanse. You can have the best candida cleanse program; if you won’t like the taste of your meals, you won’t stay on the plan. Enjoyable diet on the other hand, makes an easy candida cleanse you can keep doing until the candida overgrowth is healed. Here are a few popular recipes to make your candida cleanse meal plan enjoyable:
(Yes, we really mean it. We have spent years developing these candida cleanse recipes that also taste good)
- The golden detox energy soup: is more than your average candida cleanse soup. The beauty about this recipe is in its combination of ingredients that create a “wonderful culinary experience” of exotic blend of flavors, aroma and creamy buttery texture in addition to its health benefits that are simply amazing. Many of the ingredients such as turmeric, black pepper, cayenne peppers, and coconut oil work in synergy to increase the bioavailability and absorption by the body. Other antifungal foods such as garlic, ginger, pumpkin seeds, and coconut oil makes this candida cleanse soup a very powerful yeast cleanse meal.
- Anti candida cauliflower rice: is a wonderful healthy alternative to rice or other grains that are not allowed on the candida cleanse diet. Many people have found this recipe also useful as a candida cleanse vegetable broth. Similar to the detox energy soup, it also serves as a natural strong antifungal candida yeast cleanse meal.
To see all our candida cleanse recipes: candida recipes.
What is the Candida cleanse?
The candida cleanse is a natural detox plan designed to treat candida overgrowth. The candida cleanse usually has 3 major parts: candida cleanse diet plan, supplements and lifestyle changes.
The candida detox diet plays a key role in the candida cleanse; it is widely known however, for its challenges and common misconceptions, especially when it comes to the candida cleanse diet food list: the foods to eat and the foods to avoid while on the candida cleanse diet is where many critical mistakes are made. A big part of these are responsible for the candida cleanse side effects and discomforts many people experience during the cleanse.
To learn more, see our candida yeast cleanse plan.
What is candida?
Candida is a naturally occurring yeast-like fungi found in small amounts in the digestive system, mouth, vagina and skin. Normally the growth of candida is being controlled by the good bacteria in our body.
Candida overgrowth occurs when the balance between candida and the good bacteria is being disturbed. Candida changes into a more aggressive fungal form that spreads and releases over 80 different toxins. These toxins can get anywhere in the body, suppress the immune system and cause a wide variety of health issues all over the body.
Most candida overgrowth and yeast infections are caused by a strand of yeast called Candida Albicans.
The candida overgrowth treatment is often referred to as candida albicans treatment.
To learn more, see: what is candida.
What kills Candida?
Before you try to kill candida with the strongest candida killer, it is very important to identify what is the reason that made the candida overgrowth issue in your body. Killing candida yeasts while the cause of the candida overgrowth is still present will not cure the candida infection.
Another important fact to consider before killing candida yeast is candida die off symptoms. Your goal is to help the body to naturally eliminate candida at a pace it can safely handle, so you can minimize any potential reaction and further issues.
When it comes to what kills candida, the list of antifungal is very large. Always introduce these natural antifungal foods, spices and herbs with cautious to learn how your body responds. Safety comes first. Many “innocent” ingredient such as green tea, cloves, licorice root, or even baking soda can kill candida in your body and cause a die off reaction.
What foods kill Candida?
When properly used, antifungal foods and spices make an excellent addition to your candida cleanse diet and can help your body to naturally eliminate candida yeasts and fight the infection. Experiment with these foods with your meals and also to create homemade antifungal drinks. Common spices and foods that are known to kill candida include:
- Aloe vera.
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV).
- Blue-green algae such as E3live fresh blue-green algae. One of nature’s best sources of chlorophyll.
- Black tea.
- Cayenne Pepper.
- Coconut oil & coconut butter.
- Green tea.
- Lemon juice or lime juice.
- Olive oil.
- Papaya seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds.
- Seaweed such as nori or dulse.
Many common herbs that kill candida can be found in natural products that are not always related to candida. Good examples are echinacea and goldenseal that are found in many teas for the immune system, but have also yeast killing properties. For this reason, read the label, and start with the lowest serving size if you see any ingredients with antifungal properties.
This will help you to get the most benefits out of these herbs, while minimizing potential risks. Common herbs that kill candida include:
- Anise seeds.
- Barberry (Berberis vulgaris).
- Berberine (Berberis aetnensis).
- Black walnut (Juglans nigra).
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis).
- Diatomaceous earth (DE).
- Epazote (Chenopodium ambrosioides).
- Fennel Seeds (Foeniculum vulgare).
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis).
- Goldenthread (Coptis).
- Grapefruit seed extract (GSE).
- Jatoba bark (Hymenaea courbaril).
- Licorice root.
- Myrrh (Commiphora molmol).
- Neem (Azadirachta indica).
- Olive leaf extract.
- Oregano oil.
- Oregon grape (Berberis aquifolium).
- Pau d’arco bark (tabebuia avellanedae).
- Peppermint Leaf.
- Western sweetroot (Osmorhiza occidentalis).
- Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium).
What to eat on candida cleanse
Here is the candida cleanse diet food list you can eat on a candida cleanse:
(Click on each of the food category link to see the complete food list)
|Food category||Best way to eat||Comments|
|Non-starchy Vegetables||raw, steamed, grilled|
|Root Vegetables||raw, steamed, grilled, boiled, soup||eat in moderation|
|Vegetable-like fruits||raw or lightly steamed||watch for potential sensitivities|
|Fresh Low Sugar Fruits||whole ripe fresh fruits, raw||eat on an empty stomach only away from other foods. Please refer to the food combination section before eating|
|Meat, Fish & Eggs||Grilled or cooked (eggs)||Please refer to the food combination section before eating|
|Nuts & Seeds||raw, sprouted or soaked, unsalted, unroasted||Please refer to the food combination section before eating|
|Herbs & Spices||use organic and fresh when possible
watch for potential sensitivities
|Oils & Fats||raw||Please refer to the food combination section before eating|
|Natural Sweeteners||use in moderation|
What not to eat on Candida Diet?
Foods not to eat while on a candida diet include:
(Click on each of the food’s link to learn about the reason it is not allowed on the candida diet along with healthy alternatives you can eat instead)
- Processed Foods.
- Gluten, Grains & Wheat.
- Mold, Fungi & Yeast.
- Foods that are Hard to Digest.
What are the main causes of Candida?
The most common main causes of candida overgrowth are antibiotics use, contraceptive pill (birth control pill), high blood sugar issues, and diet high in sugars or processed foods. In many cases, there are less obvious causes of candida such as chronic stress, food allergies you may not be aware of, a weakened immune system, chronic constipation and others. Finding the underlying cause of your issues in most cases is the most important step in order to treat candida overgrowth and other candidiasis related yeast infection issues.
Home remedies for candida
Home remedies can be a very helpful way to compliment your candida natural treatment. Many candida remedies use natural ingredients such as coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, tea tree oil that have a very long history of traditional use as a natural cure for candida. When used correctly, these natural remedies for candida can offer a safe and effective way to help you get rid of candida naturally.
Here are the most common home remedies for the candida cleanse:
- The overnight toxins flush.
- Coconut oil for candida.
- Apple cider vinegar for candida.
- Probiotics for candida.
- Ozonated olive oil for candida.
- Colloidal silver for candida.
- Oregano oil for candida.
- Garlic for candida.
- Boric acid for candida.
- Tea tree Oil for candida.
Some home remedies for candida however, are very problematic and in many cases do more harm than good. If you consider using home remedies as a part of your treatment, you may want to review our home remedies for candida experts guide. To learn more: home remedies for yeast infection.