Last Updated on by
Belly Bloat Cleanse
The belly bloat cleanse is a 3-7 day protocol designed to help reduce bloating naturally using healthy anti bloating foods, and easy to make meals and drinks recipes known for their ability to detox, cleanse the body, reduce excess water, gas and bloating, and promote healthy digestion.
Most people experience (feel and see) a significant relief with their bloating issues within a few days.
The belly bloat cleanse is also very helpful as a natural remedy for bloating caused by occasional constipation.
What can I do to stop feeling bloated?
Before you start with the belly bloat cleanse, it is very important to know what causes bloating in your body, as the bloating treatment you may need can be completely different.
In many cases, it is not a matter of what to take for bloating, but what not to take or stop doing. Here are a few common examples known to cause a bloated stomach:
- Eating foods that cause bloating.
- Eating habits that cause bloating.
- Bacterial overgrowth and Probiotics.
- Medical conditions that cause bloating.
- Candida overgrowth.
Step 1 – The Overnight Toxins Flush
The first step in the belly bloat cleanse is the famous Overnight Toxins Flush drink.
Taken from our Nature’s Most Potent Remedies Series, the overnight toxins flush is one of the most effective natural remedies to quickly and safely remove toxins, excess gas and accumulated waste from your body as you sleep.
To make the Overnight Toxins Flush:
- Squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon and add 1 teaspoon of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar into 16 ounces of distilled water.
- Drink before bedtime with 4-8 capsules of oxy-powder on an empty stomach away from any foods or other supplements. Oxy-powder releases oxygen in the colon to detoxify and loosen toxins, undigested food particles and waste buildup so they can be flushed out naturally by the body. Learn more about oxy-powder.
- Expect the next day to have a series of bowel movements with many of the toxins being eliminated. Most people feel a significant relief when these toxins are being flushed out.
- If you have never taken oxy-powder before, start with 2 capsules and gradually increase if needed.
To read the entire recipe, see: Overnight Toxins Flush.
Step 2 – The Bloat Free Diet
The bloat-free diet focuses on easy to digest anti bloating foods that have strong cleansing and detoxification properties:
- Morning: Lemon water: squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon into 16 ounces of spring or alkaline water.
- When hungry during the day: eat ripe organic fresh fruit on an empty stomach, same type of fruit each time (don’t mix different type of fruits).
- Start with small portions (20 grams of carbs) each time. Gradually increase the amount of fruit only if needed. Remember: the idea here is not to eat until you are full, but to eat to satisfy your hunger, which typically happens 30 minutes after you eat.
- Fresh berries make an excellent choice; they taste great, are relatively low in sugars and calories, and are very high in antioxidants and other health promoting nutrients.
- To get the most out of your fruits and avoid common mistakes when eating fruits, see the fruit section in our free ebook.
- Choose fresh fruits (not dry fruits) that you enjoy eating, making sure they are fresh and ripe. Unripe fruits can actually cause digestion problems and bloating.
- Do not drink liquids when eating.
- Between meals: drink spring water or the lemon water based on how you feel. Drinking enough between your meals can help to promote healthy toxins removal as well as with hunger. In many cases when we feel hungry, we are actually thirsty!
- Evening: Detox Salad: choose soft raw dark leafy greens you enjoy such as romaine lettuce, add 2-3 fresh cucumbers, 1 fresh ripe avocado, 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds.
For dressing, mix fresh squeezed organic lemon/lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and himalayan pink salt to taste. If you like the taste of the apple cider vinegar, you can add 1 teaspoon to the dressing as well.
Step 3 – Evaluate Your Progress
- Many people are very surprised to learn that the combination of the overnight toxins flush with the Bloat-Free Diet make them feel very energized, despite eating very little calories. This is not surprising, considering this is a very effective cleansing diet designed to get rid of bloating, excess gas, toxins, accumulate waste and undigested food particles. When your body gets rid of such a burden, it has more energy and resources to perform better and to actually heal other areas which may have neglected before.
- This diet is not designed to be consumed on an ongoing basis, but only short term (up to one week) in order to cleanse your body and help relieve bloating and related digestion issues.
- We get many questions from people who enjoy this diet, especially how it made them feel, and would like to stay on it longer. Our recommendation is to gradually add more foods and evaluate how the addition of the new foods make you feel. For more ideas of healthy foods you can include, see our recipes section.
After The Belly Bloat Cleanse
So you are done with the belly bloat cleanse, feel great, no bloating. Congrats!
The next step is to start include more food. When you do so, you may want to do it gradually, one food group every few days.
This way if you start to feel bloating after eating or experience other digestive issues, it would be easy to know which foods (of food combination) may have caused it.
A lot of people are surprised to learn that the reason they are bloated or gassy is due to healthy foods they have been eating.
Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and other vegetables (especially on their raw state) are often the cause. Beans, and legumes are also well known healthy foods that cause bloating. The lesson is simple, if a certain food makes you bloated, you should listen to your body and not eat it, no matter how healthy it is supposed to be.
To learn more see: the elimination diet.