Last Updated on
This colon cleanse recipe was developed as a complete meal to promote gut health and to support natural colon cleansing. It is also designed to complement most colon cleanse diet and detox plans.
Colon cleanse drink recipes are very popular: colon cleanse smoothies and juices, colon cleanse tea recipes, salt water colon cleanse and others. While these help to cleanse the colon, they may not always make you feel full and satisfied.
That is exactly the purpose of this colon cleanse recipe. It is also very easy to make, tastes great and like all our recipes offers a safe and all natural gentle cleanse.
If you are looking for a fast colon cleanse recipe drink, see the overnight toxins flush.
Colon Cleanse Recipe
- 1 medium head green/red cabbage raw, shredded
- 3 carrots raw, shredded
- 1 small beetroot raw, peeled, shredded
- 1-2 cloves garlic raw, minced
- Pink himalayan salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar raw unfiltered unpasteurized
- ½-1 lemon lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil unrefined cold pressed extra virgin
- 2 oz hemp seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut secret coconut aminos (optional)
Natural colon cleanse recipe
This all natural colon cleanse recipe include colon cleanse foods that can help to flush and detox your entire digestive tract gently and safely. Here’s how it works:
- Raw non-starchy vegetables are a very good source of insoluble fiber. This fiber doesn’t dissolve in water, and typically passes through the gut largely intact. Insoluble fiber adds bulk to the stool which can help to promote regular healthy bowel movement. Think about insoluble fiber as rough brooms inside your colon that grabs accumulated waste buildup and toxins on their way out.
Vegetables choices for this colon cleanse recipe:
- Garlic (raw, 1-2 cloves, minced) was added due to its known natural antibacterial and parasite cleanse properties. Accumulated waste buildup in the colon is a known common problem as it can feed pathogens such as candida, yeast, intestinal parasites and other harmful organisms. When this waste is removed from the body during the colon cleanse, these harmful organisms are flushed out as well. Taking antiparasitic herbs such as clove, wormwood and black walnut before this meal can further intensify the parasite cleansing action of garlic.
- Pink himalayan salt (to taste) was added as a good source of naturally occurring electrolytes and trace minerals. One of the key elements in any colon cleanse recipe is to support your body with essential electrolytes and key minerals. The salt also improves the taste of the recipe.
- Apple cider vinegar (1 teaspoon) on its raw unfiltered unpasteurized form is very effective in removing toxins out of the body at a faster rate, and it is commonly used in many cleansing and detoxification protocols.
- Lemon juice (½-1 lemon) is a good source of citric acid which is known to promote healthy digestion. Lemon also helps to balance the flavor of the other ingredients.
- Olive oil (2-4 tablespoons) was added for increased detoxification, digestion support and flavor. To make the most out of the olive oil as a part of this colon cleanse recipe, use unrefined cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.
- Hemp seeds (2 oz) are the part that makes this colon cleanse recipe a complete meal. Hemp seeds are a very good source of protein, healthy omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Hemp seeds also add a pleasant nutty flavor & fluffy texture.
- Coconut Secret Organic Raw Coconut Aminos (optional, to taste, up to 2 teaspoons) are added for flavor. Even when used by themselves, coconut aminos can make a healthy alternative to many dressings and sauces.
As in any detox or cleansing recipes, high quality organic ingredients are preferred. To make this a 100% organic colon cleanse recipe, try to use organic ingredients as much as possible.
Homemade colon cleanse recipe
You can make this diy natural colon cleanse recipe at home during your colon cleanse, or at any time you would like to have a healthy one day colon cleanse recipe.
To make this natural colon cleanse recipe:
- Combine the shredded cabbage, carrots and beets in a large bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice.
- Massage the shredded cabbage, carrots and beets with your hands until they become soft. This releases sugars from the veggies, opens up their flavor and make them easier to digest.
- We recommend using gloves, or putting your hand in a ziploc bag (which we found to be surprisingly effective).
- Add the minced garlic, apple cider vinegar and olive oil and mix.
- Add the salt to balance the flavor.
- Add the hemp seeds and mix.
- Add coconut aminos (optional) or more salt if needed.
Colon cleanse recipes & the colon cleanse diet
Colon cleanse recipes usually work best when combined as a part of colon cleanse diet. For the best colon cleansing results:
- Start the colon cleanse diet by a fast colon cleanse recipe such as the overnight toxins flush.
This overnight colon cleanse recipe is designed to clean out bowels quickly and safely by removing toxins and accumulated waste buildup from your body as you sleep.
- The following day, start your morning by drinking your favorite detox water drink. A good example for a lemon colon cleanse recipe is the apple cider vinegar weight loss drink. Keep drinking throughout the day and do not eat until you are hungry.
- When you get hungry, start by eating low sugar fruits such as berries or grapefruit. A good example many people find very enjoyable is the cinnamon apples recipe. To allow the fruits to fully digest, always eat fruits on an empty stomach. Wait at least 2 hours after eating the fruits before eating other foods. To learn more about how to properly eat fruits for best cleansing and detox results, see the how to eat fruits chapter in our candida eBook.
- When you feel it is time to eat, make your colon cleanse recipe.
- Take probiotics: a big benefit of doing a colon cleanse is that you get rid of accumulated waste buildup and undigested food particles that can feed harmful organisms. This creates an ideal environment in your colon that can encourage friendly probiotic growth, hence making probiotic supplements much more effective. A good example of multi purpose probiotics to pair with colon cleanse is FloraTrex, which we use in many of our protocols. For candida or yeast issues we use Latero-Flora.
- Listen to your body: we provided the reasoning and purpose for each ingredient in this colon cleanse recipe to help you make your own recipes. Experiment with different ingredients and how they make you feel. Variation goes beyond your taste buds. It is also a great way to introduce a wider variety of different nutrients to your body.
Use this protocol up to one week. Most people find this simple plan useful as a 3 day colon cleanse recipe or as a weekend colon cleanse recipe.
Colon cleanse recipe – Wisdom of the crowd
Feel free to share this recipe. Healthy gut and colon mean healthy happy people.
Your feedback is so important! Let us know your thoughts and suggestions and comment! This helps us to provide a better service to you in our future recipes.
Latest posts by Candida Specialists (see all)
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019