Last Updated on
This candida smoothie you have here is a great example of a candida diet smoothie recipe that delivers both health, energy and flavor. We named it the the Living Vitality Green Nectar for a reason:
Refreshing, rejuvenating, hydrating, energizer, great for detoxifying and anti-aging, loaded with potent nutrients that will make your body happy. Very happy. And it takes 5 min to make… Sounds too good to be true? Keep reading!
Once again, we introduce the power of living sprouts, this time in a juice form. Feel the life force of raw live enzymes, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and other important nutrients, all in a form that is very easy for the body to absorb and assimilate.
Why Juicing ?
While in general we encourage eating whole foods, there are times when juicing can be very very effective, especially when there is a need to provide healing nutrients during illness or health issues.
Juicing (not blending) breaks down veggies and fruits into fiber and juice, so you drink the juice & pulp without the fiber. The main benefit is that this is a superior way in getting the nutrients into your body, since the body doesn’t have to digest the fiber. This is one of the fastest way to provide nutrients to your body with minimal to none digestion effort on the body.
- Optimal & quick absorption.
- Easy digestion.
- Easy way to consume more greens and more nutrients.
- Excellent way to hydrate the body – the juice that is extracted from veggies is loaded with vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients.
- Most veggies taste very good in juice form.
- Juicing fruits and starchy veggies may cause high sugars spike. Juicing fruits is not recommended as a part of our candida protocol.
The Candida Smoothie Nectar
For best results – use low speed juicer (to minimize oxidation and maximize nutrients)
The Original Version
This is how it started, probably one of the best tasting “fruit free” simple green juice out there. The feel of refreshing energy is very common and is felt within minutes after drinking.
- 2-4 cups of sunflower sprouts.
- 2-4 raw summer zucchini with skin.
- 1 cup of baby spinach.
- Add very little monkfruit or stevia extracts for taste if you like it a little more sweet (optional).
The Fancy Version
This version was added for variation and for boosted hydration. Excellent choice after a workout, during summer times, or to relieve water retention.
- 2-4 cups of pea shoots or sunflower sprouts or mixture of both.
- 4 big raw summer zucchini or cucumbers (with skin).
- 1-2 big heads of romaine lettuce.
- 2 stalks of celery.
- Many of our testers also liked to add ½ avocado. This makes the smoothie more creamy.
Juice, add ice, drink immediately…
Blending vs. Juicing
We consider blending as a good option although not as good as juicing when it comes to optimizing nutrients absorption as well as flavor, since high speed blenders tend to oxidize the foods. Still, blending is an effective way to provide the nutrients to your body. Here are a few tips and options if you decide to use a blender:
- Minimize blending time – the longer you blend, the less nutrients will be left due to oxidation, so keep it to a minimum.
- Blend only the sprouts – We really like this option if you only have a blender since it keeps blending time to a minimum, and the smoothie is still very easy to digest. In our testing, we made various sprouts only smoothies under 15 seconds using Vitamix.
- Use a nut milk bag to remove the fiber and drink the juice is another option which can improve the taste and texture.
- Turn the nectar into cold soup by adding less water. We felt that the zucchini worked better than cucumbers for this option. The soup actually tasted great and was very refreshing!
Latest posts by Candida Specialists (see all)
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019