Last Updated on
Can Stress Cause Yeast Infections
The connection between chronic stress and yeast infections is well known and was suggested by many studies. One famous study that evaluated the stress hormone levels (cortisol) of 270 women, found clear signs of chronic stress in the women who had recurrent vaginal yeast infections. These women also showed reduced antioxidant capacity.
The study concluded that (1):
- Both chronic stress and reduced antioxidant capacity are risk factors for recurrent vaginal yeast infections.
- Dietary antioxidants can protect against oxidative stress and may help to prevent recurrent vaginal yeast infections.
Antioxidants And Yeast Infections
Natural antioxidants extracts such as CoQ10, PQQ, resveratrol, and astragalus are commonly used as a natural way that can protect the internal organs, DNA and cells from high oxidative stress and damage caused by the candida yeast toxins (up to 80 different toxins).
When taking antioxidants, the preference is to use natural antioxidants extracts, especially patented antioxidants extracts that are backed by science as both potent and safe.
Cell Fuzion is the antioxidant supplement we use in our candida protocol to support cases of high candida toxicity and oxidative stress. Most people who use Cell fuzion report noticeable improvements with their energy levels, mood and cognitive function. This is very common and can make a big difference in the success of the treatment. You feel better quicker, which makes it easier to follow the program.
Providing these key nutrients so the body has the needed tools to effectively repair the damage caused by the overgrowth is very important. Especially in cases of long history of oxidative stress, candida overgrowth and yeast infections.
The science about antioxidants is quite fascinating. Antioxidants have been shown in thousands of studies to benefit the health of our DNA, brain, memory, heart and many internal organs functions. As research suggests, antioxidants can promote the health and longevity of every cell in the human body.
For this reason, many medical professionals take antioxidants themselves every day.
Before Taking Yeast Infection Medicine
One study that explored the connection between stress and yeast infections, concluded that anti fungal medications can’t prevent recurrent vaginal yeast infections caused by chronic stress. According to the study, it is much more important in these cases to treat the root cause of the yeast infections, hence address the chronic stress (2).
To learn about the most common yeast infection causes, see: candida overgrowth causes.
Stress And Immune System
The connection between stress and a healthy immune function has been suggested by many studies (3). As research suggests, chronic stress can impair the immune system ability to fight infections. This is one of the reasons why ongoing stress can lead to yeast infections.
On that note: constant stress goes above and beyond yeast infections. Ongoing stress can impact our overall health. Overtime, chronic stress may lead to serious medical conditions. Many people notice they tend to get more sick when they are under a lot of stress. The long term impact on health however, should be considered as well.
To check if you may have a weak immune system, see: weak immune system self test.
Stress And Yeast Infections : Summary
If you are under a lot of stress, and have experienced recurrent yeast infections, you may need to focus on the stress as a part of the treatment. To summarize:
- Chronic stress is a risk factor for recurrent vaginal yeast infections.
- Ongoing stress can prolong a yeast infection.
Controlling stress is not always easy. In many cases, it is an ongoing process. It is however a very important step that can significantly improve the quality of your life.
When To See Your Doctor
When it comes to chronic stress and recurrent yeast infections, it is always best to see your doctor. Especially if any of these apply to you:
- History of yeast infections and high stress in your life.
- Ongoing lack of sleep.
- Anxiety or depression.
- Highlights Regarding Host Predisposing Factors to Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. Chronic Stress and Reduced Antioxidant Capacity.
- Stress as a cause of chronic recurrent vulvovaginal candidosis and the effectiveness of the conventional antimycotic therapy.
- Stress Weakens the Immune System. American Psychological Association.
Latest posts by Candida Specialists (see all)
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019