Last Updated on
Can A Yeast Infection Cause Bleeding
Vaginal yeast infection can cause light bleeding, so you may notice blood on toilet paper when wiping between periods. There are three possible main reasons that can cause bleeding when you have a yeast infection:
- Bleeding from scratching.
One of the most common signs of yeast infections is intense itchiness of the vulva (vulvar pruritus), with a strong urge to scratch. When you scratch the already irritated vaginal area, you may cause more irritation and bleeding.
- Vaginal inflammation (Vaginitis).
Sometimes the inflammation of the vagina becomes severe and leads to small cracks and tears in the vagina. These may cause bleeding.
- Bleeding during treatment.
Yeast infection creams are often prescribed for vaginal yeast infections. The challenge is that the vagina in many cases is very irritated. So when you apply the yeast infection cream, it may cause more irritation and even bleeding.
In This Guide
Yeast Infection Bleeding
When it comes to yeast infection bleeding and vaginal bleeding between periods in general, it is always best to see your doctor. Vaginal bleeding may be caused by another medical conditions, including STDs. Each, may require a different treatment. So you want to clearly identify the cause of the infection and bleeding.
Antifungal Cream For Yeast Infection
Antifungal creams are often prescribed for vaginal yeast infections, although they do not always work. The reason is simple. In many cases, the vagina is already extremely irritated. Applying a cream on the infection, even a natural one, can cause more irritation. This can even lead to bleeding.
Ozonated olive oil is one of the best natural remedies for vaginal yeast infection that is also backed up by science as effective and safe. Unlike many antifungal creams that can cause more irritation, Ozonated olive oil has a unique ability to reduce the yeast infection infection on one hand, while helping to soothe skin irritation and accelerate wound healing at the same time.
Many human studies that compared Ozonated olive oil to prescription antifungal creams, suggested it as a safe and effective natural alternative to these drugs. Gentle enough for sensitive delicate areas such as vaginal yeast infections (1), gum infections (2) and oral infections (3), yet a very potent antifungal and effective for fungal and yeast infections.
- To use Ozonated olive oil: apply it after shower before bedtime for a few days, and see if it helps.
Yeast Infection Symptoms
The following are the most common signs of vaginal yeast infection. Note that not all symptoms have to be present.
- Intense itching in the vagina.
- Irritation, swelling and burning around the vulva.
- Milky white thick vaginal discharge, looks like cottage cheese.
- No odor, or mild yeast-bread odor.
- Rash, redness, cracks and swelling of the skin outside of the vagina.
- Dry white spots on the vaginal wall.
- Pain, soreness or burning during intercourse.
- Pain or burning when passing urine.
When To See Your Doctor
As we mentioned, we highly recommend that you should see your doctor in any case of bleeding due to a vaginal infection. Especially, if any of these apply to you:
- You are unsure what is the cause of the infection or bleeding.
- You have had the infection or bleeding for more than a week.
- Excessive bleeding.
- Blood tinged discharge.
- You are in pain.
- The bleeding or infection occurred after unprotected sex.
- You also notice sores or blisters in the vagina.
- Foul smelling discharge.
Related Experts Guides
Latest posts by Candida Specialists (see all)
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019