Last Updated on
Best Probiotics For Men
Choosing the best probiotic supplements
When it comes to the best probiotics for men, the preference is to focus on the most researched probiotic strains that are backed up by science as both safe and effective; a common best practice seen in many studies is to combine multiple probiotic strains such as the Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains for increased effectiveness.
To make sure you choose the best probiotic supplements that are the right ones for you, it is important to consider any symptoms you may have and your current state of health; different probiotic strains have different properties and as such, they have different uses, benefits and side effects.
This experts guide summarizes our experience working with probiotics and is mainly focused on the best probiotics for men.
We looked into traditional use, published medical studies, our testing of the best probiotic supplements and brands, as well as the men’s probiotics reviews and reports we gathered over our many years of practice.
In This Guide
|Probiotics Use||Key Probiotic Strains||Best probiotic supplements for men|
|Probiotics for men’s health.||FloraTrex.|
Is it really necessary to take probiotics?
Benefits Of Probiotics For Men
The benefits of probiotics for men’s health are directly related to the ability of probiotics to promote the growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract. According to research, the good bacteria in the gut play a key role in digestion, immune system function, and overall good health.
For this reason, probiotics are often recommend when there’s a need to encourage the growth of good bacteria in the gut, especially in the following cases:
- Digestive related issues such as diarrhea (7), constipation (8), bloating (9) and flatulence (gas) (10).
- Promote healthy gut flora, especially during of after use of antibiotics (11).
- Support normal immune system function (12).
- Treat and prevent yeast infections and candida overgrowth (both in men and women, learn more).
Benefits Of Probiotics For Men – Additional Uses
In addition to these main uses of probiotics shown above, there is a growing number of evidence suggesting that probiotics may also be helpful in the following cases:
- Intestinal disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) (1).
- Skin conditions such as eczema, Atopic Dermatitis (itchy inflammation of the skin) (1).
- Neurological disorders (2).
- Support normal testosterone levels in males (3).
- Weight loss and obesity (4).
- Anxiety, depression (5).
- Allergies (6).
These claimed benefits of probiotics are suggested by some studies as promising although more studies are needed in order to fully understand the effectiveness of probiotics in these cases.
The bottom line: using probiotics to support healthy digestion, gut flora balance, immune system function and overall good health is widely accepted as both effective and safe. This is exactly where the best probiotics supplements focus on and the ideal best probiotics for men use.
Using probiotics for weight loss, testosterone, anxiety, depression, or brain function still don’t have enough solid data to be considered as an effective option, unless you have a reason to believe these are related to a compromised gut flora.
Best Probiotic Supplements For Men
When it comes to the best probiotics for men, there are 3 key factors to consider:
- Probiotic strains safety and effectiveness.
- Probiotics purity.
- Probiotics potency and stability.
Many men that experienced side effects such as gas, bloating and other digestive issues are surprised to learn the cause of these was their probiotic supplements;
A large number of probiotic supplements contain probiotic strains that are derived from allergens such as dairy, soy, wheat or gluten which can cause digestive issues and other unpleasant side effects, especially if you already have digestive issues.
Other cases where taking probiotic supplements showed no benefits was a result of low quality probiotic supplements that weren’t potent enough or didn’t meet label claims.
To help you get the most out of your probiotic supplement, here is a quick summary of the key properties to look for:
Probiotic supplements purity
A common problem with probiotic supplements and one of the main reasons of the digestive issues many people experience, is that they used probiotic strains that contained or derived from allergens such as dairy, wheat, soy or gluten.
These can be easily avoided by using probiotic supplements that specifically guarantee they are free of these common allergens.
Probiotic supplements potency
Another common issue with many probiotic supplements is that they are either not strong enough or not meeting label claims. One study that tested 15 different probiotic supplements found that only 4 out of the 15 products (27%) that had specific claims of viable organisms met or exceeded their label claims (14).
For this reason, it is very important to get your probiotic supplements from a trusted source that have their strength and potency guaranteed.
Prebiotics are nondigestible food ingredients known to promote the growth of probiotics by serving as a food source for the probiotics (13). Supplementing with probiotics may help to initially populate your intestines with good bacteria; prebiotics can help this new population of good bacteria to better grow in your intestines.
For this reason, a common best practice is to combine prebiotics with probiotic. Combining probiotics with prebiotics at the same formula was shown to be a convenient way to enhance the effectiveness of the probiotics, saving you the need to take two separate probiotics supplements: one for the probiotics, and the other one for the prebiotic.
Best Probiotics for Men: FloraTrex
FloraTrex by Dr. Edward Group is our preferred choice for probiotics supplement for men and it has been a part of many of our protocols as a natural way to promote healthy digestion, immune system function and gut flora balance.
With 50 billion CFUs (Colony forming units) of the 23 most studied key probiotic strains, optimized with organic inulin prebiotic, FloraTrex is one of the best probiotic for men’s health we have tested, shown to be both effective and safe with no adverse side effects reported.
The biggest advantage we see in FloraTrex is its complete probiotic strains profile as well as the purity the probiotic strains used. FloraTrex uses exclusivity vegan probiotic strains with no dairy, soy, wheat, gluten or other allergens. This is where many probiotic supplements fail, and one of the reasons of the digestive issues such as gas and bloating people experience when using dairy based probiotics.
FloraTrex combines the Lactobacillus with the Bifidobacterium strains which were shown in many studies to be very beneficial and it is considered a common best practice.
For a complete list of all the probiotic strains that are included in FloraTrex: FloraTrex Ingredients.
Best Probiotics For Men – References
- Clinical Uses of Probiotics (1).
- Probiotic, Prebiotic, and Brain Development (2).
- Probiotic Microbes Sustain Youthful Serum Testosterone Levels and Testicular Size in Aging Mice (3).
- Probiotics in prevention and treatment of obesity: a critical view (4).
- Gut emotions – mechanisms of action of probiotics as novel therapeutic targets for depression and anxiety disorders (5).
- Probiotics and allergy (6).
- Probiotics for prevention and treatment of diarrhea (7).
- The effect of probiotics as a treatment for constipation in elderly people: A systematic review (8).
- Clinical trial: Probiotic Bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM and Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07 Versus Placebo for the Symptoms of Bloating in Patients with Functional Bowel Disorders – a Double-Blind Study (9).
- Effectiveness of probiotics in irritable bowel syndrome: Updated systematic review with meta-analysis (10).
- Role of Lactobacillus in the prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea: a meta-analysis (11).
- Immune enhancing effects of Lactobacillus acidophilus LAFTI L10 and Lactobacillus paracasei LAFTI L26 in mice (12).
- Prebiotic effects of inulin and oligofructose (13).
- Assessment of commercial probiotic bacterial contents and label accuracy (14).
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019