Last Updated on
Yeast infection cream or antifungal cream for yeast infection relief are usually the first treatment option.
Nonprescription over the counter yeast infection cream, or topical prescription medication can help relieve the discomforts. In many cases, however, creams for yeast infection can irritate the damages tissue and cause more burning and itching.
Furthermore, yeast infection creams do not address the root cause of the yeast infection, which is usually in the gut.
What is good for a yeast infection?
|Yeast Infection symptoms||Prescription / OTC yeast infection treatment||Natural treatment|
|Multiple yeast infection symptoms.|
Cause: candida overgrowth.
|Oral antifungal medication: Fluconazole (Diflucan)|
|Systemic candida treatment.|
Natural antifungal creams. (relief).
|Women: only vagina is affected.|
Cause: local vagina issue.
|Vaginal antifungal cream for yeast infections or suppository:||Natural antifungal creams.|
|Men: only penis is affected.|
Cause: local penis issue.
|Same as the vaginal yeast infection creams (see above).||Natural antifungal creams.|
Something to consider before taking drug based antifungal cream for yeast infections:
Many synthetic yeast infection creams, either prescription, nonprescription, over the counter and home treatment creams contain aggressive antifungal drugs that can cause unpleasant side effects such as irritation, burning, pain, headache and in some cases make the infection worse. This is a very common problem with both vaginal yeast infection cream for women as well as yeast infection cream for men.
For this reason, natural yeast infection creams are preferred by many people who wish to avoid taking yeast infection medicine, antifungal drugs or other synthetic antifungal creams.
Ozonated olive oil (O2-zap) is a great example of a natural antifungal cream for yeast infections that has helped many, and is actually backed up by science (see links to studies) to be very effective and safe.
Ozonated olive oil is included in our protocol for candida and yeast infection treatment for yeast infection relief, especially in cases of in cases of vaginal yeast infections, yeast infection in men, oral thrush and yeast infection on skin. To learn more about ozonated olive oil including step by step instructions of how to use it based on your yeast infection issues, see: How to use ozonated olive oil for yeast infection.
Table of Content
- 1 Before using yeast infection cream.
- 2 Top 4 yeast infections issues.
- 3 Ozonated Olive Oil Yeast Infection Cream.
- 4 Prescription & OTC Yeast Infection Creams.
Before Using Yeast Infection Cream
Below are the top yeast infection issues that typically require more than a cream. Yeast infection cream can be used as a part of the treatment for a temporary relief, although it does not replace the treatment needed in these cases, and it will not completely cure the yeast infection issues.
The Top 4 Yeast Infection Issues
The following scenarios are very common, and usually require specific treatment:
(We included links to the relevant experts guides)
You may have a healing crisis from the dying candida and its released toxins. This means that the amount of toxins released by the dying candida is more than what your body can safely handle.
To learn more on how to manage and avoid healing crises and die off symptoms see our candida die-off symptoms experts guide.
A complete male yeast infection cure is typically achieved by local treatment with antifungal creams which are widely available over the counter, by prescription or as natural male yeast infection creams.
For more information on natural yeast infection cream for male yeast infection issues, see the yeast infection in men treatment.
Vaginal yeast infection symptoms cause many discomforts: vaginal discharge, itching, burning, pain, soreness, rash, yeast infection bleeding and others.
To learn more on the causes, symptoms, treatment and common critical mistakes you must avoid to prevent the infection from becoming worse, see our vaginal yeast infection experts guide.
you may have a systemic candida overgrowth. In this case, the yeast infection symptoms will likely re-occur or become worse if the source of the problem (candida overgrowth) will not be addressed. Treatment for systemic candida and yeast infection issues typically include transitioning to the candida diet with anti-candida supplements in order to balance the candida overgrowth in your body.
To learn more, see our yeast infection treatment protocol experts guide.
How to Make a Natural Yeast Infection Cream
Make your own natural yeast infection cream at home! Instead of using chemical or drug based yeast infection creams that contain drugs or chemicals that can cause other issues, you may want to consider these natural alternatives.
If you have vaginal yeast infections, male yeast infection, oral thrush, skin rash, eczema, athlete’s foot or other fungal skin infections, here are a few remedies for a natural antifungal cream that can be used as a part of a yeast infection home treatment:
Best Yeast Infection Cream
Ozonated olive oil (O2-Zap) is olive oil that had ozone added into it.
Ozonated olive oil is considered one of the best antifungal cream for yeast infection with a solid record of published human studies on its effectiveness and safety, especially in cases of vaginal yeast infections (source), mouth irritation (source), oral thrush (source) and skin issues (source).
The reason Ozonated olive oil works so well for yeast infection is due to the unique combination of the health benefits of both ozone and olive oil:
- Ozone is very effective against yeast, candida and fungal infections (source).
- Ozone has the ability to quickly ease skin irritation and accelerate wound healing (source).
- Ozone was shown to be very beneficial for oral infections (source) and oral thrush (source).
- Ozone was shown to be effective for vaginal infections (source).
- Olive oil has a known calming effect when applied topically on the skin.
This means that Ozone can safely reduce the candida infection inside your mouth, skin or genital area, while helping the damaged tissues to heal faster. Unlike many antifungal creams that can cause irritation and burning when used topically, Ozonated olive oil has a unique ability to reduce candida and yeast growth on one hand, while helping to soothe skin irritation and accelerate wound healing at the same time.
Using olive oil to hold Ozone in a stable Ozonated olive oil paste, makes Ozone available as an effective yeast infection cream that can be easily applied to the affected areas at home. Based on our experience, Ozonated olive oil is one of the most effective and safe yeast infection creams, especially for cases where a fast relief is needed.
To use Ozonated olive oil for yeast infections:
- For vaginal yeast infections, as a potential natural alternative to prescription or drug based yeast infection creams: see the Ozonated olive oil tampon home remedy for a step by step instructions.
- For oral thrush issues: see the Ozonated olive oil for oral thrush for step by step instructions.
- For male yeast infection: see Male yeast infection home remedy for a step by step instructions.
- For skin issues: apply a thin layer on the affected areas after the shower on a dry skin.
Prescription & OTC Yeast Infection Creams
Most yeast infection creams and vaginal suppositories that are available via prescription or nonprescription over the counter contain antifungal drugs designed to kill yeast. Common examples include Miconazole (brand name Monistat), Clotrimazole (brand name Canesten), Butoconazole, Tioconazole and others.
These drugs usually have some side effects such as itching, burning, irritation and pain. In some cases these creams can make the yeast infection worse.
If you consider taking yeast infection cream for a fast relief, you may want to consider natural alternatives such as the Ozonated olive oil or silver – coconut yeast infection creams as these are much more gentle, yet they are shown to be both safe and effective.
- It is very important to properly address the root cause of your yeast issues during the treatment. Using yeast infection cream locally on the infection may provide some relief but it is not designed to address systemic yeast and candida overgrowth in the body. In fact, looking into the best over the counter yeast infection treatment reviews (including prescription creams) show that many people who used these creams experienced chronic yeast infections.
- Yeast infection creams can be used as a part of the treatment when a temporary relief is needed, preferably natural creams such as ozonated olive oil or silver – coconut creams.
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019