Last Updated on by
The mission: detox – anti-fungal energy soup that tastes amazing…hot or cold
Is it even possible? After weeks of researching, testing, tasting, and more testing, we believe we finally nailed it!
The beauty about this recipe is in its combination of ingredients that create a “wonderful culinary experience” of exotic blend of flavors, aroma and creamy buttery texture in addition to its health benefits that are simply amazing.
Also, many of the ingredients such as turmeric, black pepper, cayenne peppers and coconut work in synergy to increase the bioavailability and absorption by the body.
- Powerful detox, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Strong nutritional profile, high in protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
- Increases energy levels.
- Improves circulation.
The Healing Power of Food
About half the questions we get everyday are about supplements.
Using supplements can make a big difference in your overall health, but the diet should always come first!
This recipe is a perfect example how simple wise dietary choices can be a very effective (and yummy) way to help you detox your body and improve your health.
Try to use as much fresh organic ingredients as possible.
- 1 tablespoon of organic extra virgin raw coconut oil.
(anti-fungal, excellent oil for cooking, sweet exotic aroma).
- 3-4 tablespoons of raw organic coconut butter.
(a must for this recipe, anti-fungal, energy, buttery & creamy, sweet exotic aroma & flavor).
make sure it is 100% pure organic and raw and that nothing but coconut is added, so you get all the nutrients such as fiber, protein, healthy fats and minerals plus the exotic refreshing coconut aroma and flavor.
- 1 large onion, chopped (anti-fungal).
- 1-2 small cayenne or chili peppers fine chopped.
(detox, circulation, strong anti-inflammatory, makes other ingredients work better)
- 1-2 lemongrass stems (citrus flavor).
- 2-4 garlic cloves chopped (anti-fungal).
- 2 inch ginger grated (anti-fungal and digestive aid).
- 2 inch turmeric chopped (anti-inflammatory).
- 1-2 large carrots chopped (nutrition profile, sweet flavor).
- ¼ – ½ cup of chopped cilantro leaves (powerful detoxifier, flavor).
(quantity depends how much you like cilantro….)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (anti-inflammatory).
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (increases the absorption of turmeric in the body).
- 1 tsp cumin powder (digestive aid, flavor).
- ¼ – 1 tsp cayenne powder (depends how spicy you like your soup).
(detox, circulation, strong anti-inflammatory, makes other ingredients work better).
- Himalayan pink salt to taste (natural healthy salt, rich in traces minerals, gourmet flavor).
- Coconut Secret Organic Raw Coconut Aminos to taste.
(excellent healthy alternative to the standard high sodium processed soy sauce, rich in amino acids and trace minerals).
- 2 oz sprouted raw pumpkin seeds.
(anti-fungal, high in protein, essential fatty acids & minerals, buttery flavor).
sprouting the seeds make the nutrients in them more available by the body as well as easier to digest.
We prefer to sprout the seeds ourselves, or use already raw organic sprouted seeds.
- Soak the seeds in spring water overnight.
- In the morning rinse well and drain the water.
- Rinse & drain again after 8-12 hours.
- Seeds are ready! If you want to sprout the seeds longer, you can repeat the rinsing & draining every 8-12 hours for one more day.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, turmeric, chili peppers and grated ginger, sauté until onions become softer, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Smash the lemongrass to release the flavor but keep it in one piece (you will take it out before eating).
- Add the lemongrass along with the rest of the veggies, himalayan pink salt and spices, mixing all well for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add spring water as needed with the liquid aminos, mix well and cover for 5-10 min in low- medium heat until veggies turn soft, do not overcook!
- Add the coconut paste, mix well until it completely melts, cover for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Taste and add more salt, spices and liquid aminos as needed.
- Remove from heat, keep covered for 10 more minutes.
- Add the sprouted pumpkin seeds with the chopped cilantro leaves, mix well, remember to remove the lemongrass and…Enjoy!
- For a smoother soup texture you can blend the soup before eating it.
- Add raw veggies to the soup right before eating to increase the live enzymes such as cauliflower, alfalfa sprouts, or other greens. Chopped baby spinach works very well with this soup.
- With less water used, this soup can also be used as an excellent dip with fresh raw celery sticks, cauliflower, carrots sticks or other raw veggies.
- Experiment with different raw sprouted seeds such as sprouted sunflowers seeds, or hemp hearts.
- Mixing seeds is also a great way to modify the flavor – in our testing, one combination that everyone liked was sprouted sunflowers seeds with sprouted pumpkin seeds.
As always, we highly encourage you to replace the ingredients and experiment. By keeping the same type of ingredients, you will have more chances of success as far as taste and also nutrition wise. As we recommended many times, using the free online tools to measure the nutrients is a great way to ensure you are providing your body with all the needed nutrients.
You May Also Like…
Recommended Supplements – Experts Guide Most Popular !
Learn what are the best supplements to help you heal and what are the ones you should stay away from. Avoid critical mistakes that can ruin any candida or cleansing program.
Antifungals are not always the best fit for your candida and yeast issues ! Read More