Taken from Nature’s Most Potent Remedies Series
This is a very effective detox water
recipe designed to nourish the brain, promote healthy cognitive function and mood while supporting natural cleansing and detoxification.
It is very easy to make and can be used on an ongoing basis. Ideal before any event that requires focus, concentration, improved creativity or for general health.
Number of Ingredients
Step 1 – prepare the infused blueberry detox water
- Place 3 oz of blueberries in a glass pitcher or jar. Pour 8-16 oz of room temperature spring water, cover, and refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or overnight if you are planning to drink the next day. Fresh organic blueberries are prefered, frozen ones work as well.
- Why Blueberries? Large number of studies have shown that ongoing consumption of blueberries may be beneficial for cognitive function including a neuroprotective effect (source). According to research, consuming blueberries can even reverse memory loss (source). Other berries show similar benefits (source).
Step 2 – Add brain-on
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of BrainOn to the blueberry detox water. If you have never used BrainOn, start with 1 teaspoon as it may be enough for you.
- Why BrainOn? this blue-green superfood is an excellent source of naturally occurring nutrients known to enhance brain function, specifically focus, concentration, mental clarity, and good mood. BrainOn is also very high in chlorophyll (the green pigment in plants) known to help the body in neutralizing toxins. (source). Learn more about BrainOn
Step 3 – Add turmeric extract
- Add liquid organic turmeric extract (quantity per the extract instructions). Make sure the extract is organic and that it doesn’t contain any alcohol. A good example that we used during the testing of this recipe can be found here.
- Why Turmeric? Large number of studies suggest that curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric can be very beneficial for the brain, in addition to many other health benefits due to curcumin antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. (source).
- Why Liquid Extract? Turmeric has poor absorption in the body, so in order to get the benefits of curcumin, turmeric extract was included in this recipe. Using a liquid extract is a much better fit for detox water in terms of mixability, ease of use and flavor.
Step 4 – Prepare yourself for the best day ever!
- Shake well and taste. Add stevia to sweeten the detox water if needed.
Most people that used this turmeric extract found that their detox water was sweet enough.
- Drink on an empty stomach in the morning, or any time during the day, preferably on an empty stomach. Keep it cool. Most people feel a noticeable state of well being, happiness, focus and improved mental clarity within 30-60 min.
- Join Our Testing Team!
Did you know? to ensure the quality of our recipes, their effectiveness, safety and flavor, it usually take us 2-4 months of testing before we publish a recipe.
If you would like to be a part of our testing team, please feel free to contact us.