Last Updated on
Candida In Men
Candida in men is caused by yeast-like fungi called candida. The most common causes of candida in men are:
- Unprotected sex with someone who has a yeast infection.
- Candida Overgrowth: medication, antibiotics, high sugar diet are known risk factors. These can disrupt the balance between candida and the good bacteria in the body. Candida as an opportunistic organism spreads and causes yeast infections in the body.
Candida in men is often overlooked, since the general belief is that only women get yeast infections.
In reality however, male yeast infections and candida in men are common as well.
Candida in men is also known as male candidiasis.
Top Male Yeast Infection Facts Every Man Should Know
This experts guide is a shorter version of our complete guide for male yeast infection.
Main topics covered: critical facts and common mistakes when treating candida in men.
We addressed many of the FAQ in this guide as well.
To read the original experts guide, see: yeast infection in men.
Candida Symptoms In Men
A common mistake when treating candida in men, is to only treat the penis yeast infection. When candida in men is caused by a candida overgrowth in the body, there are usually additional symptoms in different areas in the body. Skin infections, feet, digestive issues, mood swings are common examples.
This means that the penis yeast infection is only one symptom of a larger candida problem in the body.
In this case, the needed treatment is different and is deigned to address the cause of the infection.
(See the table below).
Candida In Men: Treat The Cause, Not The Symptoms
|Penis only.||Antifungal creams.|
|Penis & other symptoms in the body.||Systemic candida treatment.|
Antifungal creams. (relief).
Infection On Pennis Skin
The most common candida symptom in men is yeast infection on pennis skin. Common symptoms may include:
- Pain, rash, redness.
- White spots, usually with dry or peeling skin.
- Discharge under the foreskin. (In some cases).
- Unpleasant odor. (In some cases).
Candida in men can also lead to additional discomfort in the penis area:
- Itching, irritation or burning in the penis.
- Pain or burning during urination or intercourse.
Penis Yeast Infection
Important: Very often penis yeast infection can indirectly lead to low libido, low sex drive, impotence, and erectile dysfunction. Many men who start to take Viagra for these, are surprised to learn that the cause was the candida issues.
When left untreated, candida in men can also lead to bladder infection and urinary tract infection (UTI).
Candida In Men Treatment
When it comes to candida in men, it is always best to consult with your doctor, confirm the type of infection and the right treatment you may need.
If you are looking for a natural treatment to try to at home:
When A Quick Relief Is Needed
Ozonated olive oil is one of the best male yeast infection home remedy that is also backed up by science as effective and safe. Unlike many antifungal creams that can cause more irritation and burning on your already irritated penis, Ozonated olive oil has a unique ability to reduce the infection on one hand, while helping to soothe skin irritation and accelerate wound healing at the same time.
Many human studies that compared Ozonated olive oil to prescription antifungal creams, suggested it as a safe and effective natural alternative to these drugs. (See links to studies).
- To use Ozonated olive oil: apply it after shower before bedtime for a few days, and see if it helps.
To learn more about using Ozonated olive oil for candida in men: male yeast infection home remedy.
Penis & Other Areas Are Affected
When candida in men is caused by candida overgrowth in the body, there are usually other areas in the body that are affected. Common symptoms may include: skin infections, toenail fungus, Athlete’s foot, digestive issues, low libido, and others.
- This is where many mistakes are made: if you suffer from digestive issues such as bloating, gas, constipation or diarrhea, these may be related to the candida overgrowth.
In these cases the treatment typically requires dietary changes in order to balance the candida yeast overgrowth. In some cases candida supplements are used to support the diet.
Candida Overgrowth Plan
To see the complete plan: Candida cleanse.
Male Yeast Infection Pictures
If you find yourself spending your time comparing yeast infection in men pictures to your symptoms, something to consider. Candida in men symptoms don’t always look the same. In some cases, they may look like symptoms of STDs.
This is where many mistakes are made. You should not diagnose or treat your issues based on pictures. Even if they are male candidiasis pictures.
When To See Your Doctor
- Candida in men occurred after unprotected sex. In this case we highly recommend to get tested for STDs.
- Candida in men issues for more than 2 weeks.
- Difficulties in maintaining your normal day to day activities.
- You find yourself thinking about this all day, or experience high levels of stress and anxiety.
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019