Yeast Infection Cream
Yeast infection cream and suppository based products are commonly used to treat yeast infections, especially in cases of vaginal yeast infections, fungal skin issues, oral thrush and yeast infection in men.
Using yeast infection cream or suppository locally on the infection may provide some relief, although in many cases the local infection is only a symptom of a much bigger problem that caused excess yeast and candida overgrowth in the body. As a result, many people suffer from chronic yeast infections that become worse since the root cause of these infections was never properly addressed.
Furthermore, many yeast infection creams, either prescription, nonprescription, over the counter and home treatment creams contain aggressive antifungal drugs that can cause unpleasant side effects such as irritation, burning, pain, headache and in some cases make the infection worse. This is a very common problem with both vaginal yeast infection cream for women as well as yeast infection cream for men.
Table of Content
- 1 Before using yeast infection cream.
- 2 Top 4 yeast infections issues.
- 3 How to Make a Natural Yeast Infection Cream.
- 4 Ozonated Olive Oil Yeast Infection Cream.
- 5 Silver & Coconut Yeast Infection Cream.
- 6 Beyond Yeast Infection Cream – Soaps & Skin Products.
- 7 Prescription & OTC Yeast Infection Creams.
Before Using Any Yeast Infection Cream
Below are the top yeast infection issues that typically require specific treatment. Yeast infection cream can be used as a part of the treatment for a temporary relief, although it does not replace the treatment needed in these cases, and it will not completely cure the yeast infection issues.
The Top 4 Yeast Infection Issues
Which ones apply to you?
The following scenarios are very common, and usually require specific treatment:
(We included links to the relevant experts guides)
You may have a healing crises from the dying candida and its released toxins. This means that the amount of toxins released by the dying candida is more than what your body can safely handle.
To learn more on how to manage and avoid healing crises and die off symptoms see our candida die-off symptoms experts guide.
A complete male yeast infection cure is typically achieved by local treatment with antifungal creams which are widely available over the counter, by prescription or as natural male yeast infection creams.
For more information on natural yeast infection cream for male yeast infection issues, see the yeast infection in men treatment.
Vaginal yeast infection symptoms cause many discomforts: vaginal discharge, itching, burning, pain, soreness, rash, yeast infection bleeding and others.
To learn more on the causes, symptoms, treatment and common critical mistakes you must avoid to prevent the infection from becoming worse, see our vaginal yeast infection experts guide.
you may have a systemic candida overgrowth. In this case, the yeast infection symptoms will likely reoccur or become worse if the source of the problem (candida overgrowth) will not be addressed. Treatment for systemic candida and yeast infection issues typically include transitioning to the candida diet with anti-candida supplements in order to balance the candida overgrowth in your body.
To learn more, see our yeast infection treatment protocol experts guide.
How to Make a Natural Yeast Infection Cream
Make your own natural yeast infection cream at home! Instead of using chemical or drug based yeast infection creams that contain drugs or chemicals that can cause other issues, you may want to consider these natural alternatives.
If you have vaginal yeast infections, male yeast infection, oral thrush, skin rash, eczema, athlete’s foot or other fungal skin infections, here are a few remedies for a natural antifungal cream that can be used as a part of a yeast infection home treatment:
Ozonated Olive Oil Yeast Infection Cream
Perhaps the best natural yeast infection cream, Ozonated olive oil is olive oil that had ozone added into it. The many health benefits of Ozone have been extensively studied over the last 150 years and are the core of the widely practiced ozone therapy.
Ozonated olive oil is considered one of the best natural yeast infection cream with a solid record of published human studies on its effectiveness and safety, especially in cases of vaginal yeast infections (source), mouth irritation (source), oral thrush (source) and skin issues (source).
The reason Ozonated olive oil works so well for yeast infection is due to the unique combination of the health benefits of both ozone and olive oil:
- Ozone is very effective against yeast, candida and fungal infections (source).
- Ozone has the ability to quickly ease skin irritation and accelerate wound healing (source).
- Ozone was shown to be very beneficial for oral infections (source) and oral thrush (source).
- Ozone was shown to be effective for vaginal infections (source).
- Olive oil has a known calming effect when applied topically on the skin.
This means that Ozone can safely reduce the candida infection inside your mouth, skin or genital area, while helping the damaged tissues to heal faster.
Using olive oil to hold Ozone in a stable Ozonated olive oil paste, makes Ozone available as an effective yeast infection cream that can be easily applied to the affected areas at home. Based on our experience, Ozonated olive oil is one of the most effective and safe yeast infection creams, especially for cases where a fast relief is needed.
To use Ozonated olive oil cream for yeast infections:
- For vaginal yeast infections, as a potential natural alternative to prescription or drug based yeast infection creams: see the Ozonated olive oil tampon home remedy for a step by step instructions.
- For oral thrush issues: see the Ozonated olive oil for oral thrush for step by step instructions.
- For male yeast infection: see Male yeast infection home remedy for a step by step instructions.
- For skin issues: apply a thin layer on the affected areas after the shower on a dry skin.
Silver – Coconut Yeast Infection Cream
Another popular natural yeast infection cream that was found by many to be very effective for skin-fungal infections is applying a few drops of colloidal silver with coconut oil on the areas of concern a few times per day.
Silver has been used as a natural antibiotic for many centuries. It is considered by many health experts as one of the most potent natural remedies to strengthen immune system ability to fight fungal, bacterial and viral infections.
Colloidal silver, is a solution containing microscopic silver particles that carry a positive charge. These positive silver particles have the ability to bind to the cell walls of various bacteria,viruses and fungus and disrupt their cellular functions, so they can be easily eliminated by the body.
To make the silver – coconut yeast infection cream:
- apply a few drops of colloidal silver with coconut oil and tea tree oil (optional) on the areas of concern a few times per day
- based on our experience, colloidal silver by itself may not be potent enough for systemic candida overgrowth, although it is a very good option to be used as a part of anti candida protocol when antifungals rotation is needed, or as a natural immune system booster.
Learn more about colloidal silver.
Beyond Yeast Infection Cream – Soaps & Skin Products
Many soaps, moisturizers and other skin care products contain toxic chemicals, synthetic ingredients and allergens that can irritate your (already irritated) skin. It is best to avoid these when dealing with yeast infection issues. In fact, you are likely to benefit by avoiding them in general.
A great example of a natural soap to use when you have skin fungal issues is kelp-coconut soap which has shown to help provide relief. Coconut oil can be used as your every day natural moisturizer; Ozonated olive oil is usually recommended when fungal skin infections or other related skin conditions are present.
Prescription & OTC Yeast Infection Creams
Most yeast infection creams and vaginal suppositories that are available via prescription or nonprescription over the counter contain antifungal drugs designed to kill yeast. Common examples include Miconazole (brand name Monistat), Clotrimazole (brand name Canesten), Butoconazole, Tioconazole and others.
These drugs usually have some side effects such as itching, burning, irritation and pain. In some cases these creams can make the yeast infection worse.
If you consider taking yeast infection cream for a fast relief, you may want to consider natural alternatives such as the Ozonated olive oil or silver – coconut yeast infection creams as these are much more gentle, yet they are shown to be both safe and effective.
- It is very important to properly address the root cause of your yeast issues during the treatment. Using yeast infection cream locally on the infection may provide some relief but it is not designed to address systemic yeast and candida overgrowth in the body. In fact, looking into the best over the counter yeast infection treatment reviews (including prescription creams) show that many people who used these creams experienced chronic yeast infections.
- Yeast infection creams can be used as a part of the treatment when a temporary relief is needed, preferably natural creams such as ozonated olive oil or silver – coconut creams.