Last Updated on
The intestine cleanse protocol below is based on the overnight colon cleanse detox drink, designed to naturally clean out the digestive system quickly and safely as you sleep. In addition to the instant colon cleanse natural effect, special consideration was given to safety.
The intestine cleanse is specifically designed to work in a gentle way, so you get the colon cleanse benefits, while avoiding common mistakes and side effects we see in many intestine cleanse and colon cleanse products.
We also included a summary of our natural colon cleanse diet with healthy colon cleanse meal and juice recipes to complement the intestine cleanse.
The Intestine Cleanse Drink
The intestine cleanse drink has been a part of our natural body cleanse protocols for many years.
It is considered as one of the best natural colon cleanse drinks you can make at home, in terms of effectiveness, safety and ease of use.
- Squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon.
- Add 1 teaspoon of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar into 16 ounces of distilled water.
- Drink before bedtime with 4-8 capsules of oxy-powder on an empty stomach away from any foods or other supplements.
- Oxy-powder releases oxygen in the intestine and colon to detoxify and loosen toxins, undigested food particles and waste buildup so they can be flushed out naturally by the body.
- Expect the next day to have a series of bowel movements with many of the toxins being eliminated. Most people feel a significant relief when these toxins are being flushed out.
- If you have never taken oxy-powder before, start with 2 capsules and gradually increase if needed.
How Does The Intestine Cleanse Drink Work
The ingredients in the intestine cleanse work together in synergy to cleanse your intestines naturally and safely:
- Apple cider vinegar on its raw unfiltered unpasteurized form also known as apple cider vinegar with mother, has naturally occurring acids and good bacteria that can promote healthy digestion and gut health.
Many people who consume apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach report more bowel movements and better digestion.
- Lemon juice is well known for its cleansing and detoxification properties, and is included in many intestine cleanse and colon cleanse drinks. Lemon juice was suggested by research to have a protective effect on the liver by reducing the levels of serum ALT and AST liver enzymes as well as triacylglycerol and lipid peroxidation in the liver (1).
- Oxy-Powder as its name suggests releases oxygen in the entire digestive tract and intestines to soften and loosen dry and hard compacted fecal matter and waste buildup so they can be flushed out naturally by the body through normal bowel movements.
Overtime this waste buildup becomes drier and harder and sticks to the colon wall to a point the body can’t eliminate it through normal bowel movements. The released oxygen loosens this toxic waste, so that the body can easily eliminate it.
Intestine Cleanse Diet
The intestine cleanse diet is a 3-7 day protocol designed to enhance the colon cleanse benefits.
The intestine cleanse diet focuses on:
- Eat: easy to digest foods known for their natural cleansing and detox properties.
- Avoid: foods that are toxic or hard to digest, problematic eating habits.
Most people start to notice significant improvements in the first 24-48 hours.
Intestine Cleanse Morning Drink
- Squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon into 16 ounces of spring or alkaline water.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of organic raw unfiltered unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (optional).
- Always drink on an empty stomach; when you wake up and between meals if needed.
- Drink spring water or the intestine cleanse morning drink based on how you feel.
- Drinking enough between your meals can help to promote healthy toxins removal. It can also help with hunger. In many cases when we feel hungry, we are actually thirsty.
During The Day: Fruits
When hungry during the day (if you are not hungry, do not eat):
- Eat ripe organic fresh fruits on an empty stomach. Same type of fruit each time (don’t mix different type of fruits).
- See how different fruits make you feel. Look for taste, energy, mood, hunger and other factors.
- If a fruit doesn’t taste good to you, don’t eat it. Regardless of how healthy it is claimed to be.
- Popular examples of fruit meals: cinnamon apples, fresh berries.
How much should I eat during the intestine cleanse?
- Start with small portions (20 grams of carbs) each time. Gradually increase the amount of fruits only if needed.
- The idea in the intestine cleanse diet is not to eat until you are full, but eating to satisfy your hunger.
This typically happens 30 minutes after you eat.
- Fresh ripe fruits are well known for their natural colon cleansing properties.
- Fruits are easily digested and assimilated by the body.
- Fruits are known to improve digestion and relieve constipation.
- Fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fiber, antioxidants and other health promoting nutrients.
- Fruits are excellent for hydration, great for restoring electrolytes after physical activity.
How to properly eat fruits: (during the intestine cleanse and in general):
- Only eat fresh & ripe fruits. Unripe fruits are known to cause many issues and should not be eaten.
Eat Fruits on an empty stomach, do NOT mix with other foods.
Fruits pass the stomach very quickly compared to other foods, and they only break down in the small intestine. This means that if the stomach isn’t empty, the fruits can stay trapped in the stomach by the previous meal and start to rot very quickly.
If you have ever had watermelon after a heavy meal, you probably know how this feels…
- Do not mix different type of fruits. Different fruits tend to have different digestion times and can interfere which each other digestion.
Intestine Cleanse Detox Salad
The intestine cleanse detox salad is a great example of a natural colon cleanse recipe that is easy to make, very easy to digest, and tastes great:
- Choose soft raw leafy greens you enjoy such as romaine lettuce, spinach or others.
- Add 2-3 fresh cucumbers, 1 fresh ripe avocado, and 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds.
- For dressing, mix fresh squeezed organic lemon/lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and himalayan pink salt to taste.
- If you like the taste of the apple cider vinegar, you can add 1 teaspoon to the dressing as well.
If you feel that you need a more complete meal, you may want to look into our colon cleanse meal recipe, that also uses cabbage, beets, carrots, garlic and other healthy foods with natural colon cleansing properties.
For the complete recipe, see: The colon cleansing meal your gut would love.
After The Intestine Cleanse
What you do after the intestine cleanse is very important and can significantly boost the the colon cleanse benefits.
To make the most out of your cleanse:
- Continue to eat healthy: one of the main colon cleanse benefits is improved digestion and better overall digestive system function. Eating healthy after the cleanse is a great way to enjoy these benefits. Good digestion is usually linked to increased energy, higher clarity, a clearer complexion, and better mood.
- Avoid unhealthy eating: A common mistake many people make is to eat unhealthy after the cleanse, thinking that frequent colon cleanses will mitigate the health risks. Intestine cleanse can be a great natural way to support your digestive heath. It is not however, designed to fix long term poor eating habits.
- Listen to your body: gradually add more foods and evaluate how adding these foods made you feel.
If you feel bloating after eating or experience other digestive issues, it would be easy to know which foods (of food combination) may have caused it.
- Food sensitivities: a lot of people are surprised to learn that the reason they have digestive issues or feel tired after eating is due to healthy foods they have been eating. Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and other vegetables (especially on their raw state) are often the cause. Beans, and legumes are also well known healthy foods that cause digestive issues.
If a certain food makes you feel bad, you should listen to your body and not eat it, no matter how healthy it is supposed to be.
Intestine Cleanse FAQ
Is colon cleansing necessary?
When it comes to cleansing and detoxification, there is always one key question that needs to be asked – why doing it? isn’t our body capable of getting rid of toxins and waste by itself? The short answer is, yes, when the body is in an ideal state of health, it should be able to handle toxins and waste elimination naturally without any issues.
Time for a quick reality check – how many people are in an ideal state of health? How many people eat an ideal diet? How about the environment we live in, our daily exposure to toxins, the lifestyle stress, quality of foods and air we breathe and many other factors? Are all these ideal? we all know the answers to these…
This is where cleansing and detoxification can provide some benefits when done properly. The colon is the primary organ in the body responsible for removing toxins from the body through normal bowel movements.
For this reason, it is often the first step in most cleansing protocols.
Can you lose weight with a colon cleanse?
You can lose weight with a colon cleanse.
The main purpose of a colon and intestine cleanse however is to cleanse your bowels from toxins and stored waste and NOT to lose weight.
If the main reason you are doing a colon cleanse is to lose weight, a few things you should know before:
- Using colon cleanse for weight loss may be helpful as a natural way to jump start your weight loss plan, by helping the transition to a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise. Much easier when you have more energy and less stored waste.
- Using colon cleanse to flatten stomach may provide instant results as well by reducing bloating and stored waste. So it may help you look better or fit into your clothes faster. It is important however to remember – this is not fat loss.
- There are currently no reliable scientific studies suggesting any connection between colon cleanse products to weight loss.
- As most fitness, natural health and weight loss authorities agree, healthy diet along with some exercise plan is the recommended approach. Ideally, the best colon cleanse for weight loss should be a part of a healthy weight loss plan.
To read our complete colon cleanse weight loss experts guide, see: best colon cleanse for weight loss.
Latest posts by Candida Specialists (see all)
- Best Doctors For Candida Overgrowth & Yeast infection - June 7, 2019
- Candida Cleanser : The Complete Natural Solution - June 2, 2019
- Strongest Candida Killer : Best Natural Antifungal Supplements & Foods - May 20, 2019