Detox foot pads
Detox foot pads, cleansing foot pads and foot patches are commonly used as a natural way claimed to draw out and remove toxins from the body through the feet. The reported benefits however, greatly differ between different detox foot pads. This often creates confusion and misconceptions about the effectiveness of detox foot pads and the way they work.
This experts guide summarizes our experience working with detox foot pads. We looked into common traditional use, how detox foot pads work, benefits vs. side effects as well as the detox foot pads review we gathered over our many years of practice.
Detox foot pads: Main Topics
- Do detoxifying foot pads work?
- Our experience with foot toxin pads.
- Japanese foot pads.
- How do you detox your body through your feet?
How to detox your body
What do detox foot pads do?
The idea behind detox foot pads is that certain ingredients applied to the feet can draw circulating toxins from the body so they can be expelled through sweat from the bottom of the feet.
The bottom of the feet is the location where many of the nerves in the body end, which is the reason behind using the sole of the feet to clean out waste and toxic materials. Most detox foot pads work based on this idea of using the feet to detoxify the body.
The way foot toxin pads work to remove toxins however, can be different between different foot pads. Different concepts, ingredients, formulations and materials are used in the making of the detox foot pads. This can affect the detox foot pads benefits and side effects. Detox foot pads may be using various concepts such as reflexology, acupuncture foot pads that trigger acupuncture points on the feet, far-infrared rays and negative ions that can increase blood circulation, charcoal foot pads, bamboo vinegar foot patch, bioelectrical currents stimulation, and herbal extracts.
What are detox foot pads?
Detox foot pads are typically made of adhesive foot pads that stick to your feet and applied to the sole of the feet before bedtime. The ingredients in detox foot pads have the ability to attract and bind to toxins on one hand, as well as to increase the blood circulation to the feet on the other hand. The end result of this combination is drawing circulating toxins into the feet, so they can be absorbed by the foot pads.
Do detox foot pads really work?
Detox foot pads use has been a well known natural practice for body detoxification for many centuries in Asia. Published medical studies on the use of detox foot pads or the way they work are limited. Anecdotal evidence, testimonials and reviews suggest that some people did feel a difference after using detox foot pads, especially in regards to improved sleep and better circulation to their feet. The reviews greatly differ between different detox foot pads. This often creates confusion. Like many other natural products, not all detox foot pads are made the same. There are no standards or regulations. For this reason, if you consider trying detox foot pads, it is always best to get them from a trusted source that does the work and research and that guarantees the product high quality and customer satisfaction.
Our experience with detox foot pads
Our experience with detox foot pads is mainly based on combining japanese detox foot pads as a part of our natural body cleanse protocols that deal with high level of toxins, especially bowel and colon cleanse, kidney cleanse, liver cleanse, candida cleanse, parasite cleanse and heavy metal cleanse protocols.
Many people that used Dr. Group patented far infrared japanese foot pads before bedtime, reported improved sleep, better blood circulation and higher energy levels in the morning. These results are not surprising, considering that these detox foot pads stimulate reflexology zones. A meta-analysis study that evaluated the effectiveness of foot reflexology on fatigue and sleep found foot reflexology useful to relieve fatigue and to promote sleep (4).
In a lot of these cases, they were actually able to see the released toxins absorbed into the pads in the morning.
Some people that had swollen feet and ankles due to water retention and edema issues, reported a noticeable relief the following day: less swelling with their feet feeling lighter.
Japanese foot pads
Dr. Group Detox japanese foot pads are based on far infrared technology that stimulates 60 reflexology acupuncture points on the feet. The patented foot pads (US patent 8317762) are designed to promote natural detoxification of toxic waste such as heavy metals, pesticides and other toxins from the body, and support healthy circulation.
The patented formula uses a combination of natural organic ingredients known for their ability to absorb and bind to toxic metals and toxins, support healthy circulation, and remove toxins and waste from the body, and include: zeolite, sporopollenin, organic wood vinegar, organic bamboo vinegar, organic agaricus blazei murrill, tourmaline gemstone, amethyst gemstone, organic loquat leaf, organic dokudami-houttuynia cordata.
The formula is 100% plant based vegan with no animal by-products such as shellfish or allergens that may cause sensitivities to some people.
What are the best detox foot pads?
When it comes to the best detox foot pads and patches, we found Dr. Group Japanese foot pads the best we have tested, especially considering the consistent positive detox foot pads benefits reported with no detox foot pads side effects we are aware of. Dr. Group has conducted an extensive research on the effectiveness and safety of his detox foot pads (see research) and they also come with a 180 days money back guarantee.
To summarize our experience with Dr. Group japanese foot pads:
detox foot pads benefits and best uses
- Better Sleep: most of the detox foot pads benefits reported were related to improved sleep. When the foot pads were included as a part of our body cleanse protocols, many people reported better sleep. Having a good sleep when you detox is very important so your body can better heal and recover. It can be challenging at times. For this reason, we found these reports of the detox foot pads ability to promote better sleep as a key benefit of the detox foot pads; definitely a much healthier natural alternative to many sleeping pills or sedatives that can cause dependence, addiction and further sleep issues (3).
- More energy: the second most reported benefit after the better sleep was more energy and higher clarity, especially after the initial 7 days of using the detox foot pads daily. As mentioned, this may be related to the improved sleep.
- Improve body cleanse effectiveness: many people that also used the detox foot pads between their body cleanses 2-3 times a week as maintenance, reported prolonged benefits from their body cleanse.
- Gentle cleanse without the symptoms of detoxing: based on our practice and research we haven’t heard of any incidence where using the japanese detox foot pads led to any symptoms of detoxing. Many body cleanse, detox protocols and detox diets can increase the rate toxins are released into the bloodstream. When the rate of these released toxins is more than what your body can normally handle, you may feel sick. This is common and known as a healing crises. Signs and symptoms of detoxing can be similar to flu-like symptoms and may include skin rashes, acne breakout, irritability, moodiness, depression, fatigue, muscle and joint pain, body aches, sleep disruption, headache, digestive issues such as bloating, gas, constipation or diarrhea, nausea and other withdrawal symptoms. If you think you have these symptoms, or want to prevent these as a part of your body cleanse, see the colon cleanse section in the next section.
How do you detox your body?
There are many effective natural ways and protocols you can detox your body. A common best practice most natural body cleanse protocols follow is to support the three primary organs of detoxification and waste removal in the body: the colon, liver and kidneys. Most body cleanse protocols take these into consideration as a part of the cleanse, either at the same time, or by the different steps of the body cleanse protocol.
Here is a quick summary of how to cleanse your body’s primary organs of detoxification and waste removal:
When to use: Before or during any body cleanse.
The colon is the primary organ in the body responsible for removing toxins and waste from the body through normal bowel movements. Accumulated waste buildup in the colon can cause these toxins to circulate in the body longer making you feel sick. This is common and known as a healing crises many people experience when they try to cleanse or detox their body.
Removing the toxic waste buildup before you start to detox your body by doing an oxygen colon cleanse (Oxy-Powder) was shown to make a significant difference in minimizing many of these side effects and is considered a common best practice in most detox protocols. The overnight colon cleanse recipe is a good example, and it is designed to cleanse your colon quickly and safely by removing these toxins and accumulated waste buildup as you sleep.
To learn more about natural colon cleanse, see: colon cleanse.
How often: 1-4 times a year, or anytime to support liver and gallbladder health
One of the liver main function is to clear toxins and poisons from the blood, by converting toxins into harmless substances or by making sure they are released from the body (1).
For this reason, natural liver and gallbladder cleanse protocols are very popular and are considered body cleanse staples when it comes to improving the liver’s ability to better remove toxins from the body. Most liver cleanse protocols take about a week and include specific diet and liver cleansing herbs to support liver health and regeneration, naturally soften and dissolve gallstones, and detoxify fatty deposits and buildup in the gallbladder.
To learn more about natural gallbladder and liver cleanse, see: how to detox your liver.
How often: 1-4 times a year, or anytime to support kidenys health
The kidneys play a key role in filtering and detoxifying the blood, producing 1 to 2 quarts of urine every day that is composed of wastes and extra fluid. In addition, normal kidney function is essential for keeping a healthy levels of key electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, and phosphate (2).
Doing a natural kidney cleanse to support a healthy kidneys function is also considered a common detox and body cleanse best practice. Most Kidney cleanse protocols typically include increasing your water consumption for about 1 week, using kidney cleansing herbs to help the body to naturally dissolve kidney stones, break down and flush kidneys built up toxins, remove excess uric acid and cleanse the entire urinary tract.
To learn more about natural kidney cleanse, see: how to detox your kidneys.
How do you detox your body through your feet?
The concept of promoting health and body detox through the feet can be found in many different traditional medicine and remedies all over the world. Common home remedies include detoxification foot bath, foot soaks, detox foot pads and foot patches. Detox through feet pads to remove toxins from body naturally is one common option, that sometimes used in a combination with detoxification foot bath.
A good example is to detox feet with apple cider vinegar, before bedtime:
Detox feet with apple cider vinegar
- Mix apple cider vinegar with warm distilled water.
- Use organic apple cider vinegar on its raw unfiltered unpasteurized form.
- Temperature of water should be around body temperature.
- Soak the entire feet 5-15 minutes 3-5 times a week.
- If you feel irritation, do not wait. Remove your feet from the apple cider vinegar water solution, and proceed with the next step.
- Rinse your feet with warm water, dry thoroughly.
- Apply the detox foot pads.
Important: Apple cider vinegar is very acidic, with a pH level of around 3 which can cause irritation to your feet if used undiluted. For this reason, always dilute the apple cider vinegar by mixing it with distilled water.
It is best to start with lower concentration of apple cider vinegar to water and gradually increase the amount of apple cider vinegar as you gain more experience on the way it feels. A safe place to start is 1:10 ratio: 3 ounces of apple cider vinegar mixed with 30 ounces of water.
How often do you need to detox your body?
While there is no exact formula that can tell you how often should you do a body cleanse, here are a few helpful guideline you may want to consider when you detox your body:
- Most body cleanse protocols are made of different steps, each body cleanse step can take anywhere between 1-6 weeks.
- In many cases, the time of each step greatly depends on the individual response. Knowing how to read the signs your body is sending you during a cleanse is very important, so you can fine tune based on the way your body responds to the cleanse.
- To make the most of your body cleanse, a key factor to consider is what happens between the body cleanses. In other words, your ability to maintain healthy lifestyle and the results even after the cleanse is completed.
- To help with the maintenance, a strategy many people find very useful is doing mini cleanses for 1-2 days every other week or so. A good example is doing the overnight colon cleanse over the weekend, or using detox foot pads 1-2 times a week after the initial cleanse is completed.
Detox foot pads: FAQ
Kinoki foot pads
Here is a quick summary of our review on kinoki foot pads:
- Inconsistent feedback: many people didn’t notice any benefits after using kinoki foot pads.
- We couldn’t find sufficient documentation on the exact formulation, ingredients and research data that explains why they were included in the footpad or how they work.
- No customer support number, no clear details on money back guarantee.
- Products claims that are not supported: Boost your metabolism, Support for weight loss.
For these reasons, kinoki foot pads didn’t meet our minimum standards for a natural product.
We had similar concerns in regards to body relief foot pads, revive detoxifying foot pads and other foot pads. In our research we could not find a website or a reliable source of information that can provides basic details on the ingredient used, source of the detox foot pads (japanese foot pads vs. chinese foot pads), effectiveness and safety testing, return policy and more.
Weight loss foot pads
We could not find any evidence to support the weight loss foot pads connection, including any impact of detox foot pads on the metabolism, blood sugar levels, diabetes, fat loss, etc.
Detox foot pads: References
- U.S. National Library of Medicine – Liver (1).
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases – Your Kidneys and How They Work (2).
- Weaver MF. Prescription Sedative Misuse and Abuse. The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine. 2015;88(3):247-256. (3).
- Effects of foot reflexology on fatigue, sleep and pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis (4).