Apple cider vinegar weight loss drink
The apple cider vinegar weight loss drink you have below is a great example of a natural recipe that can promote healthy weight loss. When properly used, apple cider vinegar can offer many benefits; unlike many diet pills and weight loss products that may be bad for you, apple cider vinegar can actually improve your health.
This recipe initially started as a colon cleanse detox drink we designed to help remove toxins from the body (the overnight toxins flush). Since many people experienced weight loss while doing the overnight flush, we decided to modify the recipe so it can be used during the day as well, as a healthy natural weight loss drink.
Why drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss
Before going into the apple cider vinegar weight loss drink recipe, let’s go over the basics.
How does apple cider vinegar help you lose weight? There are 3 main reasons why you want to drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss:
- Drinking apple cider vinegar may support healthy blood sugar levels: in one study, when type 2 diabetes patients consumed 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar before bedtime, they had lower blood sugar levels in the morning (1).
- Drinking apple cider vinegar may help you stay full: according to research, when vinegar was consumed before a meal, it increased satiety and also led to a healthier blood sugar levels (2).
- Drinking apple cider vinegar may relieve bloating: apple cider vinegar on its raw unfiltered unpasteurized form, (also known as apple cider vinegar with mother), has naturally occurring acids and good bacteria that can promote healthy digestion and gut health (3).
Our popular overnight toxins flush is a great example of an ideal use of raw apple cider vinegar with the mother to cleanse the colon and get rid of toxins, excess mucus, yeast, candida and improve bloating issues.
The bottom line: when combined with a healthy diet and exercise plan, apple cider vinegar can help you stay full so you eat less and support healthy blood sugar levels. Both are known critical factors when it comes to weight loss.
Apple cider vinegar drink recipe weight loss
Here’s how to make apple cider vinegar drink for weight loss:
- Squeeze the juice of ½ organic grapefruit and add 1 teaspoon of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar into 16 ounces of distilled, spring or alkaline water.
- Add energy & anti-stress herbs such as ginseng root extract, ashwagandha, maca root and jiaogulan (Gynostemma Pentaphyllum) to help boosting your energy levels and relieve stress. When adding these herbs to the drink, the preference is to use alcohol free liquid herbal extracts tinctures. These usually mix very well with the drink. A good example that we often use in our protocols is Dr. Group’s Ginseng Fuzion.
- Add organic stevia to taste (optional). If you get bored easily and looking for exciting flavors, you may want to consider non calorie alcohol free organic flavored stevia such as sweet leaf sweet drops. It is important to mention however, that while these drops are calorie free, ongoing use of them may get your taste buds used to a very sweet taste, something that may be hard to achieve with normal healthy eating. So if you decide to use these drops, use them as a part of the cleanse, but not on an ongoing basis. In our testing, most of the testers enjoyed the english toffee and vanilla crème.
- Apple cider vinegar: organic unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, unfiltered with the mother. Bragg organic raw apple cider vinegar with the mother is a good example and is the type of apple cider vinegar we use in our different protocols.
- Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice: according to research, drinking fresh grapefruit may improve insulin resistance in metabolic syndrome patients (4). Insulin resistance is a very common problem that causes high blood sugar levels and is linked to weight gain and excess belly fat (5).
- Energy & anti stress herbs: If you experience fatigue, low energy and stress symptoms, natural herbs such as ginseng root extract, ashwagandha, maca root and jiaogulan have shown to very helpful.
Many people who combined Ginseng Fuzion with their apple cider vinegar drink reported a natural long lasting lift that lasted for 4-8 hours. A good alternative to coffee, a much healthier alternative to most energy or weight loss drinks that typically contain many chemicals and stimulants.
How to drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss
The best way to drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss is on an empty stomach. Many people like to prepare the drink in a glass water bottle and use it as your drink instead of water or other drinks. Drink your apple cider vinegar drink through a straw to minimize its contact with your teeth or gums.
When to drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss
The best time to drink apple cider vinegar for weight loss is usually in the morning on an empty stomach, between meals and before your workouts.
If you have blood sugar issues, you may want to also consume it 30 min before your meals and before bedtime. According to research, this may promote a healthier blood sugar levels (6).
If you do decide to have the apple cider vinegar drink before bedtime however, do not include the energy & anti stress herbs as they may keep you awake.
How much apple cider vinegar to drink for weight loss
Based on our practice, we recommend to consume apple cider vinegar short term, for up to 8 weeks.
Daily consumption of apple cider vinegar should be up to 30 ml per day (2 tablespoons).
As in any ingredients used for detox, more is not always better. It is about finding the ideal quantity that works best for you.
Apple cider vinegar diet
Including apple cider vinegar as a part of your diet can be very beneficial. Here are a few popular ways for the apple cider vinegar diet:
- Apple cider vinegar detox drinks: Apple cider vinegar on its raw unfiltered unpasteurized form is very effective in removing toxins out of the body at a faster rate, and it is commonly used in many cleansing, detoxification protocols and detox water drinks. We also included it in our upgraded master cleanse recipe.
- Healthy salad dressings: If you are a vinegar fan and like to include it with your meals, apple cider vinegar makes an excellent choice for salad dressings, and is considered much healthier than heavily processed vinegars.
- Candida killer: If you suffer from candida or yeast infections, apple cider vinegar was shown by research to be effective against candida (7). The fact that apple cider vinegar kills yeast and candida can help with yeast infections and candida issues, but can also cause a healing crises or candida die off when used internally. To learn more on how to properly use apple cider vinegar for yeast infection, see:
Apple cider vinegar for yeast infection.